Why guys are confusing to us.

Guys. Wow, they are so confusing. But, the guys think that they did nothing wrong. They think that us girls speak guy. We don't really speak guy. I know I know, a guy means what he says. Us girls just have millions of questions popping up in our minds after just being greeted by a guy. Guys are a whole other story.

Guys wonder why we find them confusing. They think that we are complicated. Sure, we can be at times but guys do confuse us. But how? Let's see.......

1.) They don't share their feelings with us.

2.) They go after the girls that are already taken.

3.) You try to get in a relationship with them, they just run the other direction.

4.) We are from different planets.

5.) Men are "Visual Creatures" - meaning that they all look for their sugar mama/baby mama/ you get the picture.

6.) All they care about is food, beverages, sports, their hair, muscles, boobs, sex, the car they drive, basically anything but a serious commitment.

7.) Do the weirdest/creepiest things to get our attention instead of just coming up to us and say hi.

8.) They don't reveal any personal info.

9.) Change the subject when we want to talk about relationships.

10.) Send us f***ing mixed signals.

11.) He looks like he likes you but the next day he gets a girlfriend but still ....idk.. but why??? idk

12.) Some men are cheaters, assholes,jerks,etc.

13.) They don't care about our feelings.

14.) They are into you one minute and then forget you the next.

15.) When you get us pissed off, us girls will give you the silent treatment. You might not even notice this because your to busy sitting on your coach watching porn.

16.) They want to keep us guessing?!?!?! WTF!!!!

17.) They tease us to make themselves cool.Really??!

18.) Guys think that we are bunch of air heads when we know how to solve our own problems. We aren't that stupid..actually we aren't stupid at all.

19.) Getting in between two girls who are best friends. Not a smart move.

20.) They are interested but don't take the chance to get us. You just let us slip out of your hands. WHY?!?!?!

If I continue this than I will stay up all night to write this lol :). But, we are from different genders. That's why we confuse each other. It's okay... but us girls know more than you think.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Guys Said 96

• 1- because women teach men that if they do they get dumped. Think about the last time a guy said "i love you" to a girl after the 2nd date. for example.

2-girls do that more than men.

3. Only if he's not into her.

4. Yeah.

5. Men are visual but don't look for sugar mamas.

6. they like that stuff sure, but will commit if the woman is fun and hot.

7. Yeah men do that. But again, most men are trained not to say hi because they've been treated like sh*t from other women just by saying hi.

• 11) Maybe some got tired of waiting for some girls to make up their minds. I've only gotten a few "maybes" - frankly, I'm not holding my breath for a girl to decide to date me.

12) and some girls are the same. Your point?

14), 16), 17) Sounds like a lot of girls, except the "into you" is usually for manipulation.

19) This I agree with. This is also not good for a girl to do with guys.

20) Girls/women don't seem to make any kind of effort to know me. Why would I chase after that?

• 6) Sports are OK, just not my thing. You forgot video games. I've been trying for "serious commitment." I've been cheated ON - I've never cheated. Sounds like many girls aren't as committed as me.

9) If all the girl does is talk about their wonderful relationship, then I try to change the subject; and it's always brought back. I don't always want to hear about every detail and see pictures of every kiss/make out session.

• 2) I only "go after" women when I have no idea that you're in one. Ladies, don't flirt with other guys, mention a boyfriend once in a while, and I won't try to date ya.

3) I could say the same for most girls.

5) Being a visual creature would mean we'd generally go for just the looks - not a "sugar mama (wealthy older woman)" - I see all kinds of comments about wanting broad shoulders, muscular, tall guys from women. Seems like girls/women are pretty "visual" themselves.

• I wish GAG would let us type more than 500 characters, because there are so many points that I want to get into with this article.

1) When I've shown interest in girls, or asked them out, many have laughed in my face. Most have been really nasty, and then avoided me, to the point of ridiculousness. I can't say "Hello" because they've "run" to the other end of the hall because I asked her out to coffee?

A guy who shares his feeling is considered by most be be a wimp by BOTH genders.

• Okay, 500 characters is not nearly enough to respond to this, but I have a respone that's not harsh or anything, because you kind of sound like you've recently been hurt and are just speaking out of that hurt and I can respect that, but I have a complete response to everything you said that I'm going to send to you.

• I think your article should be titled "Why BOYS are confusing to us." It sounds like you or another woman you know has been hurt by a boy, not a guy. I hope you realize that some women display some of the behaviors above.

It's OK to be angry, but please don't hurt all of us good guys out here. :D

I hope you find peace with your anger and pain. And none of us really knows everything, and we're wrong frequently!

• 1.) Guys share feelings to the extent they are aware, unless they've learned not too because women actually don't like it.

2) Uh, way less then women do in my experience.

3) Only if they don't want a relationship with you. This one confuses some young women, so lets spell it out - men want to have sex with more women then they want to date. So if he's 'running', you're in the 'sex' but not the 'dating and sex' category for him.

4) meaningless

5) ... seems to be two things. Men are visual.

• I can't believe that so many girls are agreeing with this. These are just blanket statements, most of which could apply to either gender.

It's obvious that you are bitter about some guy who didn't like you back. He doesn't share his feelings with you because he doesn't like you.

Would you share your feelings with a person you don't like?

If watching Twilight and other romance dramas is the extent of the research that you have done on guys then you're going to have a lot of disappointments.

• 1. I'd tell you

2. Haven't done it

3. I wouldn't if I liked the person enough...

4. Maybe... :)

5. I treat all girls the same...

6. I NEED to eat, I don't drink, sports are boring, I don't have much of it because I keep it short and simple, what guy won't look at boobs, cars are too complicated for me, and I'd love some serious comitment at the moment

7. I say hi all the time, but the girl remembers the guy that does cool things more...

8. I'll tell you all about me, if you gave me the time to.

• Guys are 100% non-psychic. Guys only speak 100% verbal language. If you said something but the words never came out of your mouth or if you said something that actually means something else then you need to be clear the failure was totally yours and if things fail out its your fault.

Also the number of times you said "get us" implies that you treat your relationships as games where we win you. You will have trouble finding guys who feel winning you means more than just getting laid. Sorry 4 U

• 2 sides of a coin here, all I see is the arguments about "Bad Boys" and nothing to back up the nicer ones who genuinely do give a damn about women.

They do exist, they just got crushed under the pre-made image that a lot of people have about how they should be. Thank you society & evolution!

• Okay, I seriously was going to make an argument against every point, but it gets down to this mostly: 1) Not all guys act like the way you make them out to be, you even said that yourself at some points that only some men do it. 2) Girls are often just as guilty of a point as men are, looking at point 10 for example.

Secondly, to prevent hating I recommend you come up with valid arguments rather than going on a hissyfit about how guys p*ss you off. I'm off to watch p*rn now, have a good day.

• I have to laugh a little when I sit here and read this. While I agree with you on a lot of these points, you've said so many that the majority of them could easily relate back to women as well. If you're looking for a serious, mature guy to have a serious, mature relationship, then my best advice is to look for the that best fits your criteria. You will never be able to change some of these things, but you can look for the closest match to what you want. Trust me, we're out here. Good luck!

• This is the worst assessment of people I have ever seen on the internet. Makes me sick. Men and women both hate this article. Ma'am you need to stopping reading those Twilight novels, and put the drugs down. If the Girlsaskguys.com community had more than 500 words to respond to you, you would be ripped apart.

• What? Girls find "guys" confusing? Wow. I never thought I'd see a girl admit that.i go after single girls only and when I like a girl,i walk right up to her and say so.in terms of number 11, assuming a guy likes because he's checking you out is the dumbest thing you can do.if he likes you he will tell you so in a letter,through his best friend,or directly to your face.otherwise you just caught his eye and nothing more

• Well, you can make it a lot simpler for yourself by avoiding the wrong kind of guys. Avoid players and stick with the guys that are morally upright and you will understand them 100 % better. You are confused because you are messing with guys who have bad intentions. Find a guy that you won't be embarrassed to show your parents. Find a guy who is honest. Then you will understand them better. You are basically dealing with con artists and that's why you are confused.

• LOL

Your age is pretty aparent in your writing.

1) Yes we do. It just takes a long time before we trust someone enough.

2) Lol seriously? If going after someone who is taken is the trade of one gender, it's the female one.

3) Women do that too.

6) Bullsh*t.

9) Because girls talk about permanent commitment after 2 months.

10) You think they're mixed messages because you over-analyze

13) And some girls are lying manipulative bitches. How is this an argument in your article?

• 13) Bullsh*t

15) You're getting mad at us because girls are too stubborn to communicate and wish guys would magically read their minds? Seriously?

17) They tease you because being nice all the time leads to being friendzoned.

18) Far from true. When guys complain about their problems to other guys, we do it because we're looking for a solution and hoping they can help. So guys think that you're looking for advice when you just want to rant.

You have much to learn.

• Why girls are confusing to us, continued:

13. They don't care about us, period.

14. They are into you one minute and then forget you the next.

15. When you get pissed off at us, you girls give us silent treatment. You mistake our not caring with not noticing.

16. They want to keep us guessing!?!?! WTF!

17. They get bored and leave us if we don't act cool. Really?!

18. Girls think that we don't know how to think without our d***s. Yes we do, we're quite good at it.

• More from Guys
    76

What Girls Said 46

• Not all guys are like this.. My guy is opposite to almost half of these things lol he gets a lot of attention though from girls who do many of the things mentioned above..I think a lot ofgirls are so much worse thn a lot of guys. There have been multiple girls obviously flirting with mah man when They knew he was taken ._. He told me one of them actually asked him to go into the woods for some play time when he was vacationing..god

• if you love the boy or a girl..please told him or her what you think...share you feeling with your lover...your lover will feel happy for it...and your lover will more love you..i think..Don't hide each others' feelings.. hide each others' feeling will hurt the relationship...

• yes..the quetion is what I want to ask...i don't think A guy who shares his feeling is considered by most be be a wimp by BOTH genders...a guy don't share his feeling I will think he is a person who can no trust...i love easy-going guy...no a person can not share everything with me...

• So... essentially what you did was watch one terrible romcom, take every single stereotype therein, and write them down with an obnoxious amount of superfluous punctuation. Brava.

And might I ask how you can possibly still like Twilight at 17? Lay off that insipid rot and maybe you'll be less prone to unjustified oversimplification.

Oh, and how

• Here are a few you forgot!

21) Guys have a fragile ego.. Slightest criticism can totally through them off. That is why most guys can't handle a girl beating them in a game or be smarter than them .

22) Guys say the don't want a needy, clingy woman where in fact that is exactly what they want and not know it.

23) Most guys can be incredibily self centered, cruel, and insensitive toward women.

• You know what really shocks me, how a really badly written article has featured on this site, especially as it has no substance behind it. You must have been drunk when you wrote this! This article was written as a joke right?

• This sounds like a 13 year old wrote it...I mean it starts with "why guys are confusing to us" and ends with "But, we are from different genders. that's why we confuse each other." Well, I didn't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out, and surely you couldn't have written all that, just to prove THAT thesis. So many grammar and spelling mistakes. I tolerate it with questions, but articles are supposed to be formal. sorry but I can't take you seriously

• Her name is Twiligtlover... What did you expect? No offense meant but the guys in those books? And the age group they're geared towards all point to why this article was written.

• Okay. So I agree about if a guy wants you, he should just straight go for you. I also agree that there are a few jerks and a**holes out there (just like there are bitches and whores out there). However, I have to disagree about the rest of it. I believe the term "what you put in is what you get" plays. Plus, I'm amazed at most guys' honesty -- they can be very honest and open if you just straight up ask them things. Prime example number 1? This site!

• aww hun cmon what are you, 12? every guy is different. EVERY point there is a gross generalisation repeated time and time again and I highly doubt these opinions of yours even come out of your mouth. go and meet people and form your own opinions before you accept the stereotypes being shoved down your throat and regurgitate them as your own.

• I HATE articles like this one. It imposes certain opinions to all girls. Speak for yourself! I'm also a girl and I don't agree with you! What you need to do is grow up and stop stereotyping and being so narrow-minded. How would you feel if some guy said: "All girls are arrogant, manipulative bitches..." ?!

• Guys are logical and not as emotional but they do feel emotions, most don't express them. Women can be logical but emotions can get in our way, and kill our actions and judgement. Sometimes the genders are vice versa. The best thing todo is to try to think logically about it, no person is straight forward all the time.

• number 15 cannot be more true...

• I kinda agree to this but not all of it. I mean I know some guys who are so sweet and I even go to one of my guy friends to help me with a problem I have.

• This seems like a cliche but seems so accurate.

• It's interesting how you entitled this "Why guys are confusing us" when you are an active Twilight fan.

• I'm a girl and I get none of these impressions. I think YOU don't get men and you get sh*t from them because you complicate things.

• 18.) Guys think that we are bunch of air heads when we know how to solve our own problems. We aren't that stupid..actually we aren't stupid at all. Read what you said about THEM in #6. Guys are not as complicated as girls think. WE make them complicated, guys are simple, uncomplex and wonderful. Message me, I'd like to share some other thoughts with you on your story.

• I think people are getting confused. Subconciously, I think we know that not all guys are like that. But, that's how we PERCEIVE them to be because women, on the whole, make a huge f***ing mess in their heads of the smallest thing a guy does/says. It's the way we are, GENERALLY SPEAKING.

• When you're a teen you think all guys are jerk who only want sex and could care less of you emotionally. Eventually most will grow up. And to say EVERY guy is like that is an exaggeration. I know a few of my guy friends that are amazing and the nicest creatures to walk this Earth.

Another problem is most girls also have an ideal how a guy should act like. We're all human.

Guys are harder to get in a female's perspective. But girls are harder to get in a male's perspective. So no one wins.

• More from Girls
    26