• Ask
  • myTake

Girls: Do you like getting hit on?

Do you like it when you're walking down the street for instance, and guys check you out and/or whistle?

This question has a poll!

• Vote A Yes (makes me feel confident)
  • Vote B No (that's disgusting)
  • Vote C Other (please describe)
  • Vote D ... just wanna see the results

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Genuinely I don't like it,it can make me feel very uncomfortable to walk past a group of guys and have them cat-call or wolf whisle after me,makes me feel too self concious.I become overly aware of myself-i think its fair to say that MOST women dread walking past a load of builders,you kind of think "oh here me go" and try and fix a nonchalent look on your face because you KNOW they are going to say something/cat-call.It can feel very intrusive,imho,to have a group of guys check you out.If its done subtley its not so bad though lol.

• Being 'hit on' does not equal 'cat calls'it's understandable to not like cat calls... but being hit on is completely different

• Show Older
    • I don't know about most guys but I've never whistled to a girl I just quickly check them out and hope they don't notice. I do have a slight problem with turning away from a girl I find relay attractive when I'm just checking girls out I have to "force" myself to look away. lol.

• I know what you mean by walking by construction workers. If I can, I cross the street. Haha. But I usually just try to ignore it.

What Guys Said 2

• Most women only like it from guys they are attracted to...I think men should keep their eyes and comments to theirselves!

• The girls I met and those I'm friends with would say yes,because if you don't get hit on by girls it can really hurt there Confident and can lead to very low self- esteem.Peace!

What Girls Said 14

• i put other. I think for me it depends on the person hitting on me. if they look like a nice guy then I'm ok with it but I'm not a fan of the sleazey looks or the whistling.

• I voted "Other" just because it depends.If it's tastefully done, yes, it's a confidence booster. If it involves whistling or lame pickup lines, I find that more degrading than flattering.

• If it's obvious that their over eighteen then no I don't like it at all.Sometimes I do like it though, like I'll take it as a commpliment, and other times its just plain annoying. Lol.

• Isnt that being agist? or is it just cause you know its illegal?

• Show Older
    • Ha. Well I won't date someone more than two years older than me, so its just weird when older people do.

• In all honesty that attitude will change when she is over 18 when she is an adult (or 21 depending on where you are) it's just that when not an adult any adult who looks at you and you still see yourself as a child it does seem pervy... I still see myself as a kind so if a 20 year old would look at me like that I'd find it odd... but when I'm 18 and am an adult I wouldn't find it so weird. I know strange but true.

• it honestly depends. if it's a cute guy, that I'm attracted to.. sure.but if it's a guy who looks like a creeper or a old man, than no.

• Whats considered old?

• Show Older
    • Like over the age of 40. lol I've had weird 50 year old men try making some moves, and to me it's just weird.

• How can you tell if someone is being a creeper or if they just don't know how to act around cute girls?

• Like many others have said, it depends on who's doing it. If a nasty looking guy does it, I actually feel kind of disgusted with myself (I guess it makes me feel badly about myself if I attract someone who's deeply unattractive), so I'd rather they not. Either than that, it can be nice. But if they're attractive and they find me attractive, they may feel free to look. Just do it respectfully. Don't yell after women and don't follow them. It's frightening and will kill almost any chance that you may have if you had one to begin with.

• This may be news to you, but people can't choose what face they're born with. It's certainly normal to not be physically attracted to a physically unattractive person.. but being ugly doesn't make one less likely to be attracted to an attractive person, nor does it give you a reason to be disgusted -- with them, or yourself. People are people, regardless of what they look like, and a compliment from one you deem to be attractive is no more meaningful than a compliment from anyone else.

• What you say makes absolute sense. You are correct in that, but the way I feel isn't wrong. It can't be helped. I'm never mean to anyone who is kind enough to approach me, but the flattery does vary. Think about it. Would you be more flattered if you were hit on by Scarlett Johansson or Susan Boyle? The answer is obvious. A compliment from an attractive person is the same as one from an unattractive person overall, but it psychologically still has more merit coming from someone who is pretty.

• The varying levels of flattery would have more to do with their age difference than their appearance. Old people say people are good looking all the time. xD They never know what they're talking about. Should I be disgusted with myself if an attractive gay man that I'm obviously not attracted to hits on me? Where the favor is coming from means very little, imho, and I would think that to say otherwise is like saying the President's favorite team is more important than your neighbors. I disagree.

• It's flattering, but with the wrong person, creepy

• It depends, really. If the guy is being nice and being a proper gentleman, than yes, I like it because that type of guy doesn't make me feel cheap or like an object. That type of guy makes me feel pretty and want to smile. The other guys who say or imply vulgar things about me just kind of make me feel sad and want to disappear. I try to put on a polite smile when I encounter guys like these and pretend that their remarks don't bother me, but inside, they really do.

• i enjoy hearing it, but I pretend not to...and I wouldn't go out with a guy who did that.

• I think every girl likes to be flirted with and get hit on , but there's a limit. I can remember when I was at a club with a friend and this guy just appeared everywhere and kept asking to buy me a drink even though I kept saying no. When it gets to be overbearing then I don't like it. As long as it's done with tact I like it... but every now and then it's nice for a guy to be over the top about it, like to keep looking at me nd whatnot lol

• It's mixed for me. See, I'm somewhat of an introvert, and I absolutely hate a lot of attention. I feel as if it makes me stand out like a sore thumb. I know that it's absolutely ridiculous to be so shy, but I just can't help that. When a guy checks me out, I don't mind. As long as he's not making any obscene expressions or staring at my body 'that' way. It does make me feel good that I get looks from guys. But if a guy were to whistle or cat call, or anything in that category, I absolutely hate it! I don't know how to respond to that, so it embarasses me a great deal. I don't mind receiving compliments, but that kind of attention isn't very nice or enjoyable. That's me.

• I'm not sure what introvert means but I hate a lot of attention too mainly because I feel people are looking/staring at me but every once in a while when I see a cute girl checking me out or randomly say I have a nice bum it feels good to know that at least some girls find me attractive (I think of my self as looking average)

• Kairon156Pretty much the same as u.

• honestly I feel weird getting hit on. Growing up I was always teased and no one would bother to talk to me. Now I'm a swan but I still have the same scars from the past. It kinda freaks me out like its a joke or something bad is going to happen to me. But its just me.

• I also feel that way or at least would if I were to be hit on.

• I hate it! I find it disgusting... and so do many New Yorkers I have across from... it especially comes from Hispanic, black and white men who are construction workers, I find. (Not to be racist. This is just usually who hits on girls. And girls do not like it in NY.) If they do like it, they like a glance from a good looking guy. Usually good looking guys do not whistle or say anything but look at the girl slightly. It's even creepier when old guys do it and the girl is only in her teens. I have felt like that all my life living here and it's degrading because it's never from a decent looking guy.

• I agree about those construction workers. I sometimes have to cross the street if I'm about to pass a construction site. Not saying I'm hot or anything, but they will hit on all women and make it really obvious and uncomfortable and there are so many constructions sites in Manhattan, sometimes, you just have no option but to pass by one and just try to ignore. Ugh.

• "degrading because it's never from a decent looking guy"..If the guy is goodlooking, you like it, but not from "Hispanic, black and white men who are construction workers, creepier when old guys do it ".Brad Pitt may apply, the others are creeps?

• "degrading because it's never from a decent looking guy" maybe you're standards are too high?that or the decent/average looking guys know how to be more subtle than most?

• I put other because yes, sometimes it does boost my confidence especially if I wasn't feeling too good about the way I looked that day. However, I find that most of the guys who hit on girls on the street are really trashy or sleazy looking. They look and sound like pigs. I don't like comments like "Hey, baby!" or "Hey, sexy!" It creeps me out. But, sometimes - if done by someone I could be attracted to and said nicely - I like the compliments.