Do girls feel bad when they reject a guy?

if a girl rejects a potential boyfriend does she feel bad--assuming he was good to her and all and she kind of liked him?if they feel bad do girls cry when they are a lone?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• well yea we are humans stillwe do feel bad when we reject because we feel like we have hurt him and we take it personallyas for me I have learned to put myself in other people shoes so yea I can feel how a guy would feel if I rejected him and I feel as bad I get mad at myself and sometimes will try to do so much to compensate like tell him we can be good friends try to indirectly set him up or get his attention on another girl because I just simply feel terrible!and yea we do cry when we have to turn down a guy we like because its just hard th emotions are there but there are other problems it can kill both the guy and the girl

What Girls Said 18

• I don't feel good about it but I wouldn't cry about it because he's someone I'm not interested in and I'd be honest with him so he can move on and find someone who does like him

• yea.the only time I feel bad is if that person was, as you said, good to meand/or a friend of mine.no. personally I'm not one to cry over something like that.

• when I reject a nice guy, yes I feel bad. but I have to be honest... it's for a more selfish reason. if he was good to me, and an overall nice guy, then I really enjoyed having him as a friend. after rejecting him, it usually ruins the friendship, they get distant from me, and our relationship changes. I've lost a lot of really great male friends after they told me they had strong feelings for me, and I didn't reciprocate the feelings... but some guys accept it and are able to remain a good friend of mine

• I couldn't do that...If a friend reject me like that, I'd persist maybe.. But then after.. I agree that it ruins the friendship, and I would have no choice to but to move on.

• Not really, just relieved X-D...

• It totally depends on the girl. When I turn down a guy I always feel guilty about having to do it. Especially if they are really nice to begin with. I don't think I have ever cried about having to turn down a guy before though.

• Yup even if we don't like you

• I feel really bad, but I don't really cry. If it was a really close friend, and I felt like I really hurt him, I'd probably cry, though.

• I just did, and truth is I feel really guilty rejecting this very sweet friend of mine. He's a great guy and everything, but I just instinctively do not think he's THE guy for me..

• I just did today; I feel awful about it, but it's better than being with them out of pity. It got to me throughout the day, but crying would be a bit overboard.

• of course we do. its so hard rejecting someone because we have all been there. I mean assuming this chick has a heart. I wouldn't cry though.

• i feel bad when I regect a guy. I do it a lot due to my job. I am never around to give a guy the attention he desrves, I just figure if I tell him it can't be that he is better off with agirl that can be there for him. I usualy go home and cry. it hurts when I choose to be alone.

• yes, yes, yes, yes, yes,!We feel horrible rejecting guys, even if we didn't like them at all.If we like them back, its so much worse. We don't wanna reject them, we don't wanna let go, but there is obviously a reason that we have to.. We feel like monsters, and we feel like sh*t, and we kick ourselves for being so horrible..And yeah.. we cry.Alone in our rooms, something reminds us of something, and we bawl.It is quite devestating..

• Oh yes, I can tell you from personal experience that we feel horrible about turning our friends down when they ask us out. This one friend of mine told me he loved me, and I had to tell him I didn't have those kinds of feelings for him. We were so close I was afraid he would want to talk to me after being rejected. I cried, but eventuallly we started talking again. We stil get together and hang out. Just now I know not to let him get the wrong idea.

• Yeah.. don't lead him on. If I was in his shoes, I'd probably move on on, because it hurts too much..Hmm.. Why don't you give him a chance?

• Hi,I have proposed a girl and I feel she is kind of worried about her parents and also she is two years elder than me and looks like kind of she loves me ... She doesn't want me to smoke or drink and she comes for cofee with me every day for 30 minutes to make me feel good...The only thing I can tell is I will never marry anyone again if she doesn't accept me ..It's hard but that's the fact...

• yes I just did it 7th period when I did it was like who cares but now I feel really really bad

• If I ever rejected a guy I think I would feel horrible. I don't want to make anyone feel bad about themselves.

• yes of course a girl would feel bad...well at least I would feel bad. I've been asked out a few times to a guy I kind of liked and I said no because we had a great friendship and I didn't want that to change. I felt extremely bad and I couldn't stop thinking about if I hurt him.

• Why not take a chance?

• I'd feel bad, whoever the guy was. I might cry if he was someone I really loved as a friend and felt that it was hurting him.

• i feel really bad actually I'm almost afraid to be honest and say no .. but I'm not gonna cry about it

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on if you're dealing with a woman or a girl. In my opinion, based on my rejections and the sheer level of disrespect and nastiness, I gotta say most girls either don't mind rejecting a guy they think is a loser, or that those people a lot of them actually take pleasure in it. They tend to act more repulsed and offended that I dared to ask them out. Women on the other hand, I think most of them feel bad about it if you treated them with respect. Some may not really notice. And many girls, in my experience, will make fun of the guy or choose to insult the guy, and show a lot of disrespect. Women tend to be more mature about it, and tend to handle it better. Now, to answer your last question, I don't think any woman or girl has cried after they've rejected me. I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that it's not that huge of an issue to them.

• Of course they're going to feel bad. They're not emotionless machines. Most of them aren't, anyway.

• I've known this girl for about a year, 1month ago I started to like her, so I began talking to her about herself and things that she likes, I got her some simple gifts over time hoping that she would appreciate it and start to like me back. I spent time with her as mush as I could without making it awkward, so valentines day comes and I get her a teddy bear and a card that says be mine... 2 weeks later I ask her to be my girlfriend and she says she needs to think about it, it took her 5 days to give me the answer. The fifth day comes with the answer and it was a yes! I walk her home that day and give her a hug. the next day I come to school and she already wants to breakup with me saying that she doesn't feel conferable dating me so she broke up with me. Felt like sh*t and wanted to die, but I now realize she's not worth it,and I'll will move on. (I'm in middle school and in the 8th grade)

• No they are coldhearted.

• Lol. that's kinda funny but at the same time mean and not true. ( does not apply to all girls)

• girls pretend to care about peoples feeling but they are mean

• If I get rejected by a girl I will make sure that I will say something mean and just make her self esteem really down, no one reject me and get away with it.I may sound like an ass***********le right.but don't you wanna pay back someone make you feel like sh*ttt.Oh, I will walk away with a big smile on my face.

• Well that's kinda sillyyou won't be everyones cup of tea

• Well then I'm guessing she made a right choice saying no.