Why would a guy act mean towards a girl he does not know?

There is this guy I do not even know, he does not know me, and we never talked. There was this guy who was a cashier at the store where my mom and I was shopping at. I did not know if I would have enough, so I payed for my things and she payed for hers. The guy told my mom,"I would make her pay for that." I ignored him, it did not seem like he was joking, he could have been trying to pick on me. Every time we come into the store or I come into the store, he does not speak and tries to avoid contact. One time he asked my mom when I was not with her, "did she have enough".

It just so happened I found out he goes to the same college I do but we do not know each other. Why would a guy act mean and rude towards a girl and do not know her? It get's annoying. Could he be trying to get me to say something back or what? is there a like? Why would he say things to my mom like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's his problem. You didn't do anything to him so he doesn't have a right to act like that to you. Next time he does something even slightly rude at his job I would say something to his manager. Or when he makes a comment either to you or your mom ask him what his problem is and tell him all he needs to do is ring you up. Maybe he has seen you from afar and has already prejudged you in his mind. Maybe he thinks you think you're better (usually guys with inferiority complexes are like this).

• I agree, but I would just confront him personally though, instead of going through a manager.

• Yes I went to easy on him, your right I should have told the manager.