If you love something, let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.

what do you think of this quote? "If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with you to a degree, I mean it is pretty much saying don't work for what you love; yet at the same time I think it's trying to say if you love something enough and truly care about it let it/them do what makes it happiest and if you are right for it/them then it should want to be with you by choice.

I don't think it is really true, because I have let go... once you let that thing/person go, it may want to come back, but since you didn't try to hold on tightly enough it/they don't think they are wanted by you.

So I'd sooner take the quotes "...usually it's too late when you realize what you had..." and "...hold on loosely, but don't let go..." by .38 Special in the song Hold On Loosely, because I think it makes more sense to give what you love freedom, but always make sure they/it knows you care and are there for them.

• I agree to a point , one of my exs said this to me, I think she liked someone else,(a married guy who left his wife) so I let her go, she was really annoyed at me finishing with her, she said she didn't know what she wanted ,I in the meantime moved on with someone else, my ex slagged my current girlfriends picture off on Facebook, don't know why , she engaged to someone else totally different from the married guy. this all since April this year !

• I am very sorry to hear that, as for why your ex did that, sometimes people still have feelings for the people they were in a relationship with; whether it be anger, jealousy or something else, it's not uncommon even after people move on feelings may still linger.