• Ask
  • myTake

If you love something, let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.

what do you think of this quote? "If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I agree with you to a degree, I mean it is pretty much saying don't work for what you love; yet at the same time I think it's trying to say if you love something enough and truly care about it let it/them do what makes it happiest and if you are right for it/them then it should want to be with you by choice.I don't think it is really true, because I have let go... once you let that thing/person go, it may want to come back, but since you didn't try to hold on tightly enough it/they don't think they are wanted by you.So I'd sooner take the quotes "...usually it's too late when you realize what you had..." and "...hold on loosely, but don't let go..." by .38 Special in the song Hold On Loosely, because I think it makes more sense to give what you love freedom, but always make sure they/it knows you care and are there for them.

• I agree to a point , one of my exs said this to me, I think she liked someone else,(a married guy who left his wife) so I let her go, she was really annoyed at me finishing with her, she said she didn't know what she wanted ,I in the meantime moved on with someone else, my ex slagged my current girlfriends picture off on Facebook, don't know why , she engaged to someone else totally different from the married guy. this all since April this year !

• I am very sorry to hear that, as for why your ex did that, sometimes people still have feelings for the people they were in a relationship with; whether it be anger, jealousy or something else, it's not uncommon even after people move on feelings may still linger.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't really believe it in it too much cause it seems to conflict with another quote. "It's better to have love and lost, then to have never loved at all". Sometimes people don't come back, or rather, the relationship never heals itself again or is pursued. This doesn't mean the feelings one had for another was never real.

• My response would be this:"Don't be an expectation-havin' motherf***er." That's a slightly less wordy and more profane way of putting the same idea.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you should have to let something go in order to confirm that you love it. And whether or not it comes back doesn't necessarily mean anything. You can love something only to have it not come back, which leads you to regret. And you can have something come back when you didn't love it, which will either make you unhappy, or delude you into thinking that you really do love it. I'm sure it might be true in some cases, but I still don't really buy into the idea.

• I do have issues with that because there has been cases when I thought that everything was perfect but then it all crashed and never went back to the way it was before. However I also agree with it because its true. If someone loves you and cares enough for you, once its gone it will try its hardest to find away to get back to you. But if something never was, it won't last.

• Why does love comes back to us though it has been broken long time ago? Because love is actually mystery; it means sometimes we don't understand why for how hard we think of its reason. I believe love will die if its not has been treated as 'like a flower that has to be water, put some organic compos and so forth; and if the flower is just leaved like that, it will die but if its water everyday, it will flourishing beautifully.' Anyway, I don't think ' if it comes back, love it forever' because love is not a thing that we can keep in a box where when it’s roll back to us, then its mine. Love is an action where we ought to keep it flourishing and nourish. It is an effort everyday by deeds, by kind words, etc. But I don't believe when the love comes back and it means forever but when we have it back in life and the same fool philosophy of love is applied again as the cliché ' love is a feeling’. If it is a feeling only but keep hurting the one we love by our stupid mistake like saying to them a curse word, action that hurt, accusing and etc; the love in concept of ‘feeling’ is hypocrite. Therefore when love comes back it doesn't mean forever, it is to MAKE SURE it will be forever.