How do I find a boyfriend-free, single girl?

I want to find a TRUE and HONEST sweetheart, but I have not found a gal pal who is boyfriend free and single. I don't want my heart to be shattered, I never had a real girlfriend, and I need one right now! And how do I make a boyfriend-free girl like me? I'm a shy guy, but I always find it hard... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Two suggestions (see however each may apply to you):

1. Focus on building up other aspects of your life. Enrich your life by seeking out and enjoying friends, family, hobbies, goals, etc. Learn a few new skills, travel, read a few good books, appreciate some new art forms, etc. These things will make you feel a bit more fulfilled in the meantime, and make you a more interesting person to a potential girlfriend (whom, by the way, you might meet along the way of building up your life).

2. Change up your approach. Do you walk up to girls and immediately start thinking of dating her/how to get her number? Think differently; observe some interesting thing about her or the environment that you can comment on, and start simple conversations that way. Do you ask for a girl's number directly? Try asking for her email/Facebook/IM and tell her you want to continue whatever conversation you're having. Are you nervous/fidgety? Go back to #1 and build your confidence doing those things. Other things: pay attention to her body language when talking to her so you can tell if she's interested, make sure you're in a lighthearted or happy mood when you approach girls so that YOU don't give off awkward body language, etc. Just think about the things you do when you approach girls--write them down, which helps me, it may help you--and actively think of ways you can improve.

Also, just remembered--you're getting arrested? Maybe you're coming off too strong. Slow down and just talk to girls like you would another guy, at first. Don't try to flirt/get "romantic" or show too much sexual interest right away--if you're not very experienced, that can backfire. Just play it cool. Good luck man.