Is it possible for a guy to like someone else while he is already dating another girl?

Thank you for the feedback everyone, I wasn't expecting this much attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• For all those who said no, you are clearly just trying to say the "right" thing. She didn't ask if you have ever liked another girl while dating someone else. She asked if it were possible for any guy to ever like another girl while dating someone. This is something that is so empirically possible that it boggles my mind how someone could respond no. Why do people cheat? Why do people break-up? etc. (Not to say that this is the only reason for the aforementioned) It is certainly possible.

I would say that every guy who has been in a relationship for a decent amount of time has at least been attracted to another woman. Even if you have no desire to pursue anything with said female, you cannot help attraction. It's easy for you to begin to like a close female friend as well, even while you're currently dating someone. Just because you choose not to pursue these attractions does not negate their existence. So do not answer no simply to sound noble. If you say no, at least back up your opinion.

I personally believe that these temporary attractions are necessary in order to remind you just how great is your current girl. When I'm attracted to another girl, I begin to think of all the reasons why my girl is better, and it reinforces my feelings for her. These reinforcements are important in long-term relationships where you are bound to fight occasionally or have the strength of your relationship tested.

Also, having this attraction does not make you a sleezy or uncaring guy. However, if you cheat on your girl, then shame on you, but I consider the two unlinked.

• Very well said!

• What if the thinking doesn't rainforce ur feelings for ur girlfriend but let you think the other girl is so much better?

• My original response was simply a general statement asserting that having feelings or being attracted to another person doesn't necessarily mean a guy would act on those feelings and cheat. I asserted that a guy can't always help the way he feels, but that he can choose not to act. There are, of course exceptions, so yes, this thinking will not ALWAYS reinforce his feelings, and if that happens to be the case, there would be many other factors determining how he would act.