Guys: why do you like The Notebook?

I've heard from so many of my guy friends and just guys in general that that's one chick flick/romantic movie they actually love.

so, for those of you that feel the same, what is it about that movie that makes you feel you can relate to it? because I have to say, it's hard to believe that guys can feel that way about that type of move, with such a strong deep lost love connection, and yet they're always messing around and cheating and going off with different girls and refusing to be with the girl they really feel is right for them.

idk, any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I like the following more. I never watched the notebook, but I saw the trailer to it.

A walk to remember

Ps I Love you

Marley and Me

Those three movies are all-time favorites for the "chick flick" type of movies; I like them because I can see the reaction of a male that is selfless towards any given situation. Seeing a selfless male helps me understand where I am being selfish towards my girlfriend. It's helped me develope my own sense of style, seeing an actor as a role model to this situation.

At the time of watching Marley and Me- I was flirting with other women. When I watched the movie, I saw the main actors love for his wife / kids / job / dog / etc - and compared that to his friend which was filandering with all the other women in the movie- that were attractive, but didn't seem to have much depth. So it got me thinking- Why would I push away the way I am truly happy, for a sense of satisfaction that I'm attractive?

- I know I know, women will probably hate my old self, and I can't say I've completely kicked the habbit- but I HAVE improved.

Basically, the movies resemble an alternative to reality- where I can see and feel the interaction from men and women in an "script-based-role" that helps me understand the situation at hand.

Best regards,

• Hm interesting and makes sense. I can see that. thanks.

• My pleasure ^_^