What is considered child molestation?

Still a debatable subject in the present time. Everyone should know by now that there are different interpretations of the word "love". But when it comes to the love of a family member or close relative, is there a thin line between what is considered love and what is considered sexual advancement? A close cousin of mine once told me that when he was in his early twenties he was teasing a much younger cousin of ours that was a girl of 7 years old at the time. Now I'm sure that all of you can admit that we tend to tease or joke with the one's who are younger than us and may sometimes cross that line as of going TOO FAR with the joking. But what my cousin told me about what he did not too long ago to a younger close relative of ours, had me thinking as to if he was JUST JOKING or actually MAKING AN INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL ADVANCE on his younger girl cousin. This is what he told me, "We were just clowning around. I found out that our cousin (place name here) doesn't like people kissing her on the cheek. I don't why, it's just a kiss. So one time when I was hugging her as a greeting, I slipped in a kiss on her cheek to see how she would react. She immediately pulled away and tried to wipe off the saliva I left on her because I gave her a great big open mouth wet kiss. I think I even licked her cheek while kissing her so that she would become even more mad. And then I think it was the same day but she had followed me into the garage one time when I was just trying to find more folding chairs for the party outside. She closed the door behind her and ran right into me. I was a little surprised because I didn't know she was in the room. When I figured her and I had some privacy, I saw an opportunity to get her even more mad than before. So I got on my knees and told her that I was sorry about the wet kiss I gave her earlier. And then said that I would never do it again without her permission. So then I asked for her permission to give her another kiss but this time on the lips. She gave me a quick peck on my lips and then tried to pull away. But I held onto her because I then asked if she wanted to see what it felt like for a grown up to kiss her back. " Long story short, my cousin told me that he had our younger girl cousin of 7 years old slip her tongue into his mouth and then he did the same in return. They kept doing this for about twenty minutes while he caressed her back and put one of his hands on her head to keep her from pulling away. Even though my cousin was explaining it as if he was just joking around with her, it did seem like he told me directly that he molested our cousin. What are your thoughts on all this?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I'd swear you were talking about my cousin with a story like that. I can honestly tell you that whether your cousin meant it as a joke or not, he's disgusting and your younger cousin is going to be affected by that for the rest of her life. A kiss on the cheek is one thing, but forcing her to make out with him for twenty minutes? That's sick. He probably only told you because he needed someone to condone it. I really think you should tell someone. A 7-year-old will be terrified in that situation and not say anything, and it can only get worse from there. The girls in my family have a lot of trust issues because of our cousin, and I have this ridiculous fear of older men, I can't even talk to male teachers. It's not fair. What your cousin did can't happen again.

What Girls Said 2

• Like I'm sure you've prob realized by now, yeeeeees that's definitely child molestation. And I don't think it's a thin line between what's love and what's sexual advancement. It's a thick, VERY thick line between the two.

• Oh my god. If this is a real story, then hell yes he molested her. She is only 7. If he wasn't a relative would it be ok for him to be kissing her? NO! So why the hell would it be ok for a relative to do that. It is disturbing that a 20something would do this to a 7 year old. What do you think will happen next time? He was just joking and accidently had sex with her or asked her if she wanted to know what a penis felt like. I mean come on give me a break. It is disgusting and he needs to be stopped before he tramatizes this child any more. She needs to talk to someone about this. Children who are exposed to this type of thing usually become hypersexualized at a very early age or they become so repressed that they never learn the appropriate way to express themselves.

• He should have stopped at the kiss on the check witch was fine, but when I read that button. I'm sure he met it as a joke that went to far. This is not good, she needs to go talk with someone about what happened. I don't usually talk about this much but I think its important, when I was 5 I had the same thing happen but more, and I will tell you this if she don't go see someone she is going to be a mess growing up, or worse.

What Guys Said 2

• No, this is not debatable and there's no thin line here. The line is well defined and he crossed it. This was not joking around. Joking around is something that you can or will do in the plain light of day with other people around. This was hidden in a garage with no-one else around and used for one person's pleasure. The sickness is your "cousin's" belief that it was also enjoyable for the 7 year old. This is criminal child molestation.

• He should've known that's wrong, that's probably child molestation or sexual abuse. i bet that 7 year old didn't think it was very funny. who would even think about tormenting a 7 year old like that? That's just screwed up. I bet that 7 year old is going to repress that memory.