He texts first, then doesn't reply?

What's up with that? This guy will text me out of the blue, asking about work and how am I am, then when I reply, he won't or if he does it'll take FOREVER. So basically the convo dies, lol. What's up with that? Guys?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

Same exact thing with me. I never understand that. The guy will send me a text, a conversation opener, I'll answer the question right away and ask him a question as well, then I won't hear from him again until he texts me again with a new conversation. I don't get it either, why text me and start a conversation if you have no intention of continuing it?

• You couldn?t have said it good enough .but he sent me a text and asked when am I going to see you again- ..??

• Exactly!! this is exactly what I mean. guys, what is this about? lol

• Usually he's busy or taking a nap/sleeping

• OMG I'm going threw the same thing...its wired and makes me upset but I figured maybe he's busy but Idk... !

• "Then you sit there wondering "was it something I said?" "

Exactly....lots of self doubt. maybe it's all part of their master plan or something :(

• Yes and he never texts back not the next day or the next..ever now an then he texts me and I will reply but that's it its like if your busy why would you even text me....and sometimes I text him just to say hi and he never text back so I said I wouldent text him again and when he text me he's going to see how it feel..........lol!!!!!!!!

• Yeah, I've noticed that too. You get a text and respond back and then you will never get a text back. Then you sit there wondering "was it something I said?" lol. Try texting him first and start the conversation and see if he replys.

• He's probably either too shy or too busy. If he's shy, he'll take quite some time to think of a "really good" reply to you so that you won't feel he's weird.