How long should I wait before responding to a text?

I really like this guy but I don't want to come across as desperate so what's the longest I should wait before responding to a text

Thinking about it is there really a time limit? it's not a game its life

Most Helpful Opinion

• LOL!

There is NO rules for texting.

your bewteen 25-29, why is there the need for the teenage way of picking up a guy?

I understand that coming accross too desperate is a put off but planning how long your going to take to reply is ridiculous. Your probably bursting with excitement and cannot wait to reply.

Reply in your own time, obviously not straight away.

Be casual and be you.

Treat him like anyone else, would you actually put a time on when you'd reply to a friend, your mum?

This 'timing my reply' thing won't last forever so what's the point in doing it now.

It's seriously obvious when somebody tries to act hard to get or tries to put on the 'i'm not desperate' thing. I'm not trying to imply that you are desperate or anything like that but hey.

If the guy takes the p*ss at replying back to you then that's when you end up playing his game and replying a bit slower, but not too long.

Just put witt and humour into your texts. You could reply with a blunt boring text with the exact amount of timing to reply he likes but the text will be a disapointment, or you could reply a little quicker with witt and humour and he'll be much more interested.

In my own opinion, I don't care how long they take to reply aslong as the text is worth reading.

Taking too long bores me though :)

• Lol your right thanks for the advice I'm just gonna go with the flow and not worry about it I'm just being silly cause I had such a great time with him

• It's the best thing to go with the flow.

Good luck :)

• Thank you good luck to you too