When you hug a guy, where do put your arms? Around his neck?

Ok well I wan't to get closer to a guy I like, but I don't want to have one of those awkward hugs where you don't know what to do. Do I put my hands around his neck, or like another way like this: link or like this : link or this : link , except without the mobile phone

also for the second pic, like that was an example, in a real situation where would I put my face (if I was not going to kiss him or say something to him) would I just sort of rest it on his shoulder?
ALSO, IS THIS A HUG THAT I COULD DO? link

Most Helpful Guy

• First one's only for dancing/dramatic effect - Second one's only for when you want to say something really important to them, or things get really awkward really fast, you'd be like "well uh... hello there. You're um... taller than you look." - Third looks kind of slouchy... I'd suggest going under the arms and giving him a nice, friendly hug. No awkwardness, and lots of love. 'course, it all depends on how close you are to him.