single 37yrs old. falling for a 27yr old man I met at the car club we both are a member of.
Why men compliment other women in front of girls who like them
What Guys Said 8
A few reasons
1.To show you that you are not the only girl he likes.
2. To make sure you don't think that he's a creepy guy.
3. To show you that he's not going to cling to you all night even if things go well, he's going to let you hang out with your friends and then possibly hook up later.
4. To get you to think about him. (you writing this proves that it worked.)
5. To flirt with other women. (sometimes compliments work, its rare but sometimes they do if done the right way.)
6. To get other women to notice him and like him in the process. (chances are they see you with him and because you are there and you are another woman, they will be more apt to like him now.)
7. for practice to get his social skills better.
8. For fun.
9. Because he can't help himself.
10. Because he thinks its the right thing to do, (its being polite and social he's mingling.)
I think that covers it.
- Show AllShow Less
Does the guy know you like him? How does he view you? Maybe he views you as a friend and is able to freely express his thoughts around you.3
He's a self-absorbed narcissist, like many men of that age are. Hell, I was.2
I agree with what blueandwhite bleederwrote.
All these "It's his fault. He's a jerk" type responses are utter junk unless he knows she has a thing for him. If he just think she's a friend and nothing more, then that's part and parcel of friendship.
But it's also more then that, it depends on how he said it. If he said "Wow, she looks really pretty" or something else relativly neutral, then so what? My girlfriend says that stuff about OTHER GIRLS all the time. Furthermore, I've also said it (sadly on more then one occasion) about Matt Daemon, Johhny Depp, Jake Gyllehall (Prince of Persia) at times (I swear I'm straight, honest).
ONLY IF he knew you liked him, and he said it in an obnoxious way, such as "Check out the t*ts on her, I love big t*ts, D or bigger!" then the guy's a jerk. He's probably doing it on purpose to 'break up' with you as in kill of your unrequited friendship. Or he's just simply a stupid jerk that doesn't give a toss.0
It's to let the girl know that she shouldn't get to comfortable... It's the same reason why girls do it.
Most girls I know, don't like a guy who is always available...they get turned off by it for some reason.
Sorta of sounds childish to me though. But hey I'm 21 so what do I know?2
if your not his girlfriend then hell keep his options open. plus your 37 he could be using you to show how mature he is to other women.0
he wants pussy0
What Girls Said 3
Because he is insensitive to your presence, possible interest in him, and is showing a general demonstration of who he is.2
he's not that into u, you deserve better!2
Has he complimented you? If he hasn't then...eh, you wouldn't want to be with him anyways.
I mean, if he's complimented you already and then now he is just being an "observer" and giving a somewhat neutral opinion of another attractive woman, then it's harmless. Some guys just like to point out things they notice about other females when they're out and about, ya know?
Or he's testing to see how you'd react...really based on what he's like as a person. (Does he like to play stupid games like that)
But, if he's given no indication of being interested in you more than a friend, then perhaps he just sees you as a "buddy" he can do that with.
Select as Most Helpful Opinion?
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.