Do guys like it when a girl makes the first move?

I've always grown up with people telling me to let guys come up to me first and not go chasing after them, however more recently I'm wondering, do guys like it if girls make the first move? Like does it show confidence or something?

542

What Guys Said 42

• I can't stand this fact in women. Yes, it would be awesome if the woman made the first move. I would love for a woman to come after me the way I am expected to go after a woman. I even took a year off of dating and agreed that if a woman came after me, and I was interested (on the online dating sites) I would explore it. Exactly 2 women in 1 year 1 month sent me a message. Uggg.. that is just sickening. Yet if I send out messages first I get plenty of replies.

• Yes, I do. It shows confidence, it shows she's adventurous.

Yeah, who woulda thought, a simple hi can go a long way. 😂.

• Yes, some of us prefer it actually.
    Plus it shows that you're serious/mature and know what you want.
    It makes the guy more not keep thinking"does she like me? Does she not like me?"

Make the first move, then the ball's in his court.
    Don't chase after him.
    There's a thin line between go-getting and (perceived) desperation.

• If it's a total stranger I'm usually initially turned off a bit and a little shocks. But after giving it some thought warm up to their courage and enjoy the attention they give me.

If I already know them, I don't really even think much about it and most the time I already knew they had some interest in me.

If they are drunk or a bit tipsy, it doesn't mean anything, people lose a lot of fear when drinking some alcohol and will do things they otherwise would never do.

• Obviously they like when the girl make first move.

It depends on the guy some treat it as an achievement that they are popular. It sometime satisy their so called ego.

It's good when girl approach the guy as possibility of losing friend decrease and in today's 21 st century guys like the confident girls.

Hope it helps Madam.

• Someone asks this question every week and the guys all go "OH GOD YES GIRLS START ASKING US OUT"... and women STILL don't do t, LOL! JOKE'S ON US!

• I think confidence is sexy to people regardless of their sex. I don't care who makes a first move as long as it gets made.

• those things told to you are aged standards. even i and lots of guys my generation love it so i can tell that standard is way too old :P

• o love when they do it's the best compliment and some guys are shy. Now a days it's pretty normal

• In my opinion, all of this wanting him/her to make the first move b. s. is ridiculous and makes it more complicated then it needs to me. I would love it if a girl told me straight up that she was into me, it was save me from tryna read some crazy signs and I don't care if a girl or guy calls first that day/night.

• Absolutely!

• With all the female empowerment preaching these days, why should girls expect the luxury of *not* making the first move?

But yes, it's incredibly sexy, and yes guys would love this!

• depends how she does it. if she look at me and smile: no

if she come to me and say: hey I lost my phone number can I have ures? and then she makes a compliment like: deam I know u hear that often but u have so beautifull eyes. Maybe I should invite u for a drink and u tell me something about u.
    then she gets 10/10 from me

• I'm good with a gal making the first move since I can't tell flirting worth a hill of beans.

• I think it's great. hard as hell to know a woman's interest level of intentions otherwise so that makes shit easy.

• Short list about my thoughts, hope I can help ;)

First move? Yes.

Asking out for a date / relationship? No.

Saying the first time "I love you"? Yes.

Propose? No.

• 7d

What about initiating a kiss first

• 7d

Hmm I would say that's an OK for both sides. I LOVE it when my girlfriends goes in for a kiss, but at the beginning? I would say, give the guy a chance with hints to go for the kiss, and if he isn't realizing youe hints go for it instead ;)

• 7d

I'd say yes to all

• Why wouldn't it be?

• well i wudnt mind, but i can do it too. the girl i like rn she did. she said how she thought i was when i shadowed her school to my then girlfriend. then she said something like i wanna like someone n i was like im open. it worked pretty well

• Do you like when guys do so?

• Sure. It doesn't matter who makes the first move.

• Yes it shows confidence if made in a proper way! We love it but try to don't be too sticky, girls tend to do that when they do the first move. Best of luck!

• I as a person who is a bit shy and many men like me like/love it if girls make the first moves cause it makes us feel comfortable around the girl and more open

• Yes. Majority prefer that, statistically speaking.

• not an issue..
    show a confident person.

• I prefer it.

• I love it because it makes me feel like a stud

• If it actually happened to me, I'm pretty sure I'd enjoy it.

• If she's ugly then no but if she fine fuck yeads

• Guys would love it.. n consider themselves lucky if he can find such a girl

• More from Guys
    12

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I don't have a problem making the first move but I find that u never get anything serious from doing so. Either the guy doesn't like u that much so he only dates you because he thinks he might get some action out of it. I don't know if being confident enough to ask men out makes us seem easy or something, not enough data to make that link. But I can tell u I've had more luck with men actually liking me when they are the ones to ask me.

• 7d

You took the words out of my mouth. I find it funny how guys claim to love when the female makes the first move but then say things like "men are simple" and "when they see something they want, they go after it". So then why should I approach you? If you haven't "gone after me", I assume you did not see anything in me you wanted. Then (as you stated) they'll say yes just because they want to try to get something out of it or they are afraid of looking like a jerk-not because they're genuinely interested. If I have to approach him, I'm always going to assume that if he says "yes", it's because there were no better options directly in front of him. Like you, I prefer to let the guy approach if he's interested.

• 7d

Well, you phrased it as a universally true statement, so you should be able to back it up with evidence. You should have added "in my experience" then.

And no, women have never used me as a meal ticket, probably because I don't pay for (first) dates as it's always been the girls that asked for the date. But you cannot deny that a lot of men are getting used this way, typically by women who are not interested in the first place.

My point being that the initiator is typically the person who's more invested and the person who's less invested is either rejecting the initiator or finding ways to get something out of it. Gender plays no role here.

• 6d

Women want equality, so they should be treated the same. They can ask for dates too.

• They like it, it's always nice when someone takes initiative and it does show confidence.

• 7d

How would you do it though?

• 7d

You helped a lot, thanks 😂

• 7d

Hahaha np😊

• Yes.

• I don't think they really care. I basically initiated everything that happened to my boyfriend and I, but he never says anything about that.

• My boyfriend liked it - _-