Guys check out other girls?

Why do girls get so pissed off when guys check out other girls?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well it's part of a self confidence thing. Girls are extremely competitive .. with each other. So when you are dating some guy and you are in a relationship with them, the rule is, your mine an no one else can have you and you should only have eyes for me. I know some chicks that turn into little green eyed monsters when it comes to getting into a relationship because all of a sudden they feel like they have ownership over their guy or something.So when a guy checks out another chick, the girl gets pissed firstly because he should only have eyes for her. And secondly she will get doubly pissed if this girl is better looking that her, cause she is competitive and already made that comparison. And thirdly she might be pissed because she has some rule that if you really liked her or love her or whatever that you should automatically not be attracted to other chicks.All chicks prob have some level of this, but you will find that the more attractive ones have an even bigger prob with this, because they base a lot of their self worth by comparing to other people.Hopefully that clarified it for you .. or maybe it made you more confused. Sorry can't help it. I am after all ... a chick =)Hot Alpha Female

What Girls Said 132

• It's just rude when guys start gawking at other women.If we did that,a guys pride would be hurt no doubt.

• cuz we want you to like us and only us. otherwise we don't feel like we're good enough.

• because it makes us feel as though we're not good enough for you.

• Do you even have to ask? lolIt makes us feel degraded and makes the guy look like a dog. >=/Plus, its very rude/disrespectful.

• Agreed.

• 100% right on this one sweetie!

• I'd have to agree too, you would feel degraded.

• because we think there's a possibility of cheating and we want to be the hottest thing on earth to you

• you can look but don't touch!i personally don't want my boyfriend looking at other girls as it would make me feel he thought they were better looking!but as long as he just looked and not touched I wouldn't get too upset

• Hmmm. me and my man check out women all the time. We rate some too. I know that is rude but. it's all fun. I admire the beauty of women, so I don't know why a lot of girls get pissed. But based on the answers posted on here so far. It does make a lot of sense. A lot of girls are competitive. And a lot of girls want to think that they are the hottest woman in their man's eyes. But in reality. we all know that isn't true. Anyways, I know I didn't really answer your question, but I would like to know how guys feel when their girl checks out other guys? My boyfriend has never admitted it, but I can tell he gets pissed when I talk too long to one of his attractive friends, or when I do double take on other men. I don't do it on purpose. but then, I do it to women too, so I don't get it. But. how do guys feel?

• Interesting thoughts. I kind of agree with the what Irish Girl said - she can look, but I would be very hurt if she decided to get with them. I am a one-woman guy and want to be her only bed partner, as long as we are together, that is.

• I don't know y girls get mad if we all know that there is a whole world out there full of beautiful woman. I can say I'm not insecure because its a waist of time getting mad over just a look! I mean what do you want them to do close their eyes and not notice the huge boobs or ass we have! I mean till a point were he slobbers all over a girl that's 2 much but besides that I'm fine with a look! I do it 2 and its only common sense 2 look , now girls don't lie and say you don't do it when u c a fine guy!

• Close your eyes. Imagine you are at the mall with your girl and some Brad Pitt looking guy walked in and she was like "Hot damn what a hottie--Oooo I wish you had an ass like that."How would you feel? Okay--I just answered your question. Men and women look--my husband and I both look at women and men. I like looking at girls too--they are beautiful--but we do so respectfully. If you are constantly ogling others in a way that seems to say you are still on the hunt for a girl friend--it is highly disrespectful to who you are with. I wouldn't do that to my guy, so he should do the same for me. It's called mutual respect.

• You tell him

• Wow this answer is amazing! It makes so much since!

• so might have a low self esteem and guys checking out other will make them think that they aren't pretty enough or whatever enough. I'm like that.

• I meant to say some not "so" oops:)

• Probably because they feel as though we're not good enough so he has to look somewhere else. It's one thing to glance, but to check them out? I mean, I point out hot women to my husband. I'm all "damn she's gorgeous!", and he looks but never checks her out. Besides, if he does, he's already mine! :-)

• It doesn't bother me at all unless I have feelings for the guy and that's only when I'm in love. You can only fall in love with so many people in your life time so yeah. Those girls need to grow up.

• Well, if the girls have feelings for you they will be because they think you don't care about them and if you're in a serious relationship with them, it shows that you aren't serious at all with her in the relationship. If it is just telling her that ohhh that girl is pretty, don't you think? She won't get mad. But, if you constantly talking about the girl, obviously they will feel less attractive and think you're a pervert! haha

• Same reason guys would get jeleous if their girl was licking her lips while looking at another guy and chekcing him out. We get jeleous, even insecure when we're being out done in our man's eyes.

• I don't think it's that we get pissed so much as we get upset. It's disrespectful and it hurts. We feel inadequate and it has an impact on our self-esteem. While it's not the guys' problem that we're insecure, if they want a happy relationship, I suggest being respectful and not breaking your neck to check out other girls in front of your girl.

• Many women are insecure, we compete in a society that is surrounded by beautiful women that don't look like everyday women, we also get cheated on a lot. some women are more jealous (insecure) than others, but its the way it is done that can be completely damaging, lots of guys look at these women like a dog that is panting, yet you guys don't look at your girlfriend that way, something to think about.

• "Grass is always greener on the other side" - typical thing guys do is checking other girlsout even being with girlfriend because they aren't ready to be only with one girl and constantlylooking if there's someone better. That makes us, girls, feel like we aren't appreciated butguys love with their eyes and it can't be helped XD

• because if you are dating someone there is no need to look at any other girl! why would you want to even look at another girl? its bad if you look at girls while you have a Girlfriend but if you look at girls while your Girlfriend is with you that's even worse. there is no need for you to even think of looking at other girls. we are very dramatic and that's just how we will always be. there is no need to do it. so dont.

• If your gonna stare at someone like the whole head turning that's very disrespectful you have to see it our way a lot of girls are scared there boyfriend will leave them cause there not skinny enough or pretty enough or any othe insecurity they have and when a guy looks at another girl it makes it 10 times worse.

• They think if you look at another female in their presence you are ignoring them and they fell less attractive. Some women think it is disresptful.

• It depends on the situation: If you can't remember what the girl was saying while you were checking out the other girl, then yeah, she would get pissed. As long as you don't say, "Wow, she's so hot," then it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

• Haha, you know, the guys I was chilling with say they check out every girl and do a mental scan of how good looking and not good looking they are.And I don't usually care if my boyfriend checks out girls, because I check out boys all the time, it's like human nature.

• well firstly guys should only either do it when out with the guys or if with your SO then perhaps a bit of discretion! Put shoe on the other foot, if your girl looks at other blokes when out with you, how does it make you feel? Be honest - unworthy? not as good looking? worried about her straying? - same goes.

• cuz we girls hav many insecurities and/or feel girls you check out are a threat and personally I like to no that I hav no threats she prob thinks your not as into her and might you might drift away also girls no that wen you find a hotter girl your gunna date her so we wanna stop the problem right where it started

• Because is dis-respectful you douchebag!

• Elle0214, this is for all the girls, not just you. We all look at other girls. If you think your guy doesn't, he is decieving you. Be glad we are still interested fisically. Don't be insulted by it, because we do not mean any disrespect to you. Look at it like, hey he checked out that hot girl, but he went home with me. Maybe you should then be flattered.

• No.... totally disagree. When your talking to your girl and you have that "wondering eye" it is totally disrespectful and downright rude. Looking at girls when he's with his hommies I can totally understand. BUT if its just the girl and the guy at dinner and he's checking out another girl, nooo way... the guys is a douche and has got to go... he a f-en dogg

• i really don't mind if it's a quick glance but when it's a full out stare; that is disrespect! if you want to look at other girls like you are going to jump them, then you don't deserve the girl you are with.

• long story short.::: basically because if its the guy you like, it makes the girl feel pretty stupid. I feel weird for saying that but its true. Girls compare themselves to the other girl and we get jealous. Then we feel ugly and even more insecure with ourselves and it brings out self-esteem down

• I do the same with other guy but that why I hav low self-a-steam =/

• well if your dating the guy your not gonna want him to check out other girls.specially if you know the girl. I don't think its much of a problem if you don't know her and if your not dating.if our not dating she might like you.

• come on now! that's totally disrespectful! how would like it if your girl was checking a guy out in front of you? checking out all of his goods?

• well I do get mad and I say, "what you like her better"besides I'm good enough for him to only look at me..no but really look at her once, OKAY..look at her twice, there's going to be problems!

• because to us its like secretly saying we are not as hot as them or not as attractive. If girls checked out other guys while our boyfriends were or were not with us and they saw or found out... it would hurt your pride and you would be pissed. Its the same for us to us its like your saying they're better than you or I wish you looked like that.

• Show More

What Guys Said 27

• Because it's rude and offensive to the girl your currently dating and/or your wife.

• Hey we are men we like pretty things, so when a hot little blonde walks in the room come on what do you expect us not to look. See now here's what I don't get ok say we take a peek at a hot girl who walks in the room women get all pissy and mad and blah blah blah. But when we are sitting down talking to our woman and some dude walks in and what does she say oh man that is guy is hot. Normally the guy will get mad that you said that, but I wouldn't I would look at him and say ummm yeah I guess he's attractive but you know what he's got nothing on me. Us men have to sit through lame ass chick flicks with our gfs drooling over the guy in the movie. How is that right? So if we say something like damn that girl is hot on tv oh man its WWIII but not when you think a guys hot on tv, you get to say that all you want wtf that doesn't make any sense. Yet you get mad when we look at another girl we don't say anything about her we just look at her and you get all kinds of mad what's up with that?

• So what fight fire with fire? lol both are in the wrong if they do that!

• wellsometimes guys arejust trying to comparetheir girl to other girllike ooo my girl gota bigger butt than hers

• Personally, I've been in love with the same woman for 3 years and only have eyes for her, so it doesn't matter how many hot chicks walk past me. She's the only one I want to be in bed with!

• Awww -- you rawk!

• Show Older
    • Thats awesome as. *high-fives*

• Thanks!

• cuz its makes them think you don't care about them or want something better, its supposted to be about the girl your with. I've been caught before (by my ex) she didn't talk to me about it or anything I used a good playoff answer. we were driving back to her apartment and I saw a cute girl walking and I turned my torso to crack my back and she said how come you looked back @ her and I said I was just cracking my back

• Its based on a false assumtion. The whole what does she have that I don't mentality. It would be like painting a good painting like the Mona Lisa or something and being p*ssed people also glanced at a picasso while there at the Louvre. You can have the best painting but it doesn't mean its the only one worth looking at. Besides looking is not always sexual ok sometimes it is but sometimes its more like people watching and sometimes a girl just makes you smile. But its not really a threat because that's not a relationship. Most guys aren't gonna drop their prize for an awkward chat with that pretty girl that will lead nowhere. If a guy leaves a girl he's either unhappy or your both unhappy or he has a real character flaw. Its not because he saw a pretty young women out of the corner of his eye at the mall selling perfume and decides to throw it all away. YOu get what I am saying. In all fairness I can get a little uncomfortable about a girlfriend when she seems to be too friendly with a guy or says this and that person is hot almost as teasing testing me. I should get over being uncomfortable. Because ironically the less you fret about it the less its problem. For both men and women being non jealous sends a sub conscious message I am a high value mate and ur lucky lol. But it is human nature to not want to lose what we don't wanna lose so jealousy can be kinda cute sometimes too

• It makes them feel as if they have dropped a few levels in your eyes. When you are with your woman, you are supposed to be concentrating on her. She wants to feel security in knowing that no other woman can easily grab your attention. This is what my sisters told me. There is even a song by Nicole Wray called "Eyes Better Not Wander" on this subject. She explains exactly how she feels about it.

• do they? I do it alot.

• Evidently it wouldn't bother you if your girl was checking some other guy out then.

• Coz she would feel insecure about it and compare herself to the girl you're eyeing up and say "Why aren't I like her?"If you're gonna do it - Do it discretely or by yourself.

• they dont, as long as they know for a fact that theyre the most important one in your life. just don't treat any girl better than her and it shouldnt be too much of an issue as long as you're not drooling over every girl you see

• cuz there pissed that your not checking THEM out

• it's sad how insecure girls are nowadays. It is the same as admiring a piece of art hanging in a museum. It's not like guys look at these girls and contemplate leaving their woman.and don't give me that crap about how women never look at guys. Its a lie. You just think that when your man looks he is planning on cheating. Frankly it doesn't bother me when my girlfriend checks out a guy.because I know that she's just admiring the view but at the end of the day I'm the one she loves.

• Girls do look at guys and no one said they didn't--my hubby and I both look at girls too--but we do it respectfully--some guys practically chase a girl down, which leaves the impression they are not happy about who they are with. There is a difference between oogling art and appreciating it...

• Actually some have sort of said that girls don't look at guys. "How would you feel if we did it, blah blah" That's pretty similar. Most guys just look, too... the grand majority don't chase the girls down.

• this is pretty stupid question my dudehow would you feel if ur girl licked her lips if she saw anutha dude? same shit thurr you go

• it's bad because girls think you're sorta "cheating" on them even though you probably or might not be. its natural for guys to look at beautiful or hot girls, but that doesn't mean the girl they are dating isn't good enough.but even with that said, girls still feel a bit jealous and very insecure.

• Because they are insecure. They don't want the guy seeing something he likes better and leaving them.

• Probably for the same reason I'd be a bit annoyed if a girl I was in a relationship with was constantly checking out other guys...jealousy and a bit of suspicion of cheating. Nothing wrong with checking someone out, but if probably makes them feel that they aren't enough for you and makes them feel inferior.

• bro it shouldnt matter you no we shouldnt check out other's but it happens

• My girl is pregnant and she looks at guys what do I do

• Are you for real?

• Well my ex checked out other guys and commented on how fine they were.So I did the same with other girls to return the favor. Neither of us really had a problem with it because at the end of the day we were looking and not touching.I understand that most girls are not this open-minded though. Neither are most guys. It takes a lot of self-esteem to have this not bother you so I expect it's rare.

• Mine would kill me if she catchs me checking other girls out. It can got annoying!

• Picture the opposite. Yeah, that's why.

• O come the heck on, that's about as obvious as a nuclear fireworks show during a "time of peace", to a female that is about as bad as if not as bad as them walking up to and saying, yea you should work out to get rid of your man boobs, tone your stomache so I don't have to look at your disgusting flap anymore, umm take some male enhancment pills because your not big enough down there and ya know what, change your hair color I don't like it anymore. seriously not just females but males too want to feel special and loved and accepted and all of that good stuff, so if/when you're doing something to make them feel like they aren't special but other girls around them are, and doing it right in their face you are insulting and disrespecting them, hope this answers your question. so yea pretty much what all the girls are saying, you wouldn't like her looking for a new boyfriend while she's still with you, would you?

• Because your behavior is making them feel jealous or insecure about their relationship with you.

• I think that sometimes guys do it purposely to see what kind of reaction they will get out of the girl they are with. Like, they might think that if she gets jealous that it means she's still attracted to him. I try not to play those stupid games, but I have caught myself doing it once in a while in the past in order to find out if my girl is still hot for me. Sounds silly and stupid, but I admit it!

• And here we go with another of many double standards.This is where it helps to have a bisexual girlfriend.And women can't say they don't check out other guys while with their boyfriends.Like I say yet another double standard.

• Question--if your girl checked out another guy--and did it obviously, was like "Damn look at that hunk of man meat--I bet he can swing it in the sack" You wouldn't get mad--if women do look, at least it is discreet--out of respect.

• Agreed with A-R-Norman... girls do look at other guys, maybe when their boyfriends are around, nobody denies that. But they don't do it in a drool-y way, you know, well some do but it's a minority and probably not the kind of girl who makes a great girlfirend anyway. But it's guys that check out other girls and sometimes even make lewd comments about them to their girlfriends, THOSE are the ones that piss us off. If you're discreet we'll probably won't notice, so it's all good.

• haha I'm in the same f***ing dealmy girlfriend is highly pissed that I looked at another girlits human nature it really is and like I don't know what to dobecause in somecases it is because she makes me feel like shitbut whenever I bring that up she flips on me about the whole checking out thing and I she doesn't see what I'm saying like f*** am I supposed to do about this?anyone got anything?

• Just don't get caught, simple as that.

• I would think about why you feel like looking at other women in the first place. Its not always himan nature. I think we as a human race have trained ourselves to think its okay to look because its how men are but really its better when you don't look because then she doesn't feel insecure or like she's not the most important thing to you. So why not just try not looking and see if that changes her perspective? I'm not scolding just suggesting...:)