He treats me like we're seeing each other but then says we're just good friends

I'm so confused. I really like this guy who was a casual friend before I realized I had feelings for him. He treats me like we're seeing each other,... Show More

Also I forgot to mention that after he told my friend that he thinks we're just really good friends, he asked her if I'd said anything and she said that no I don't mention much about my love life and that she was probably just reading too much into it.

Most Helpful Guy

• First let me say that guys don't tend to talk about their relationships a lot at least to other guys. But to me I think he likes you he's just a little lost. He probably wants you in his life period and doesn't know if he wants to risk the friendship if it doesn't work out. He just doesn't know what to do. It happened to me, I liked a girl who was a friend of mine for a long time and did the same thing he did, finally admitted it but she didn't feel the same and then we haven't talked in 4 years. Granted she moved for school but we didn't keep in contact. I don't know I guess the best thing to do is get to a position where its obvious to him, you want him to kiss you. If he backs away then he probably does think of you as a friend, or is being a jerk and playing games with you.

• The mutual friend that he spoke to is a girl unfortunately. Does that change stuff?