What to do after you've been rejected?

I told a girl I love her and wanted to be with her. She has been going through a break up, and she and I got to know each other really well during, she and I talked a lot. She said I was a really good person and was the type she SHOULD have gone for, she wanted to get sexual with me but I said no, it was a big mess as it was.She went back to him and I didn't hear from her much, until she ran away from him to her parents in another state. She was having a hard time, she has a child with him and there has been a custody hearing. When she first got a hold of me after she ran away I told her how I felt and all, she rejected me, she said she does love me but isn't in love with me, and we live to far, but she still wants to be friends, and she always says she wishes she met me before her ex and all.I want to be there for her but I also want to move on past her, I don't get how she can sat she wishes she met me before him and that I'm such a wonderful person, every time she says that I cringe. I often wonder if she is just using me because I make her feel better, it also makes me wonder if she just isn't attracted to me, my mind is all over the place, and I just want to put her behind me.I'm not sure what to tell her or how to tell her. I talked to a friend and she said I should tell her we can't be friends, so I can move on.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Here's the deal, she likes you but not enough to be with you and by telling you that she wishes she met you before her ex is her way of keeping you stringed along and to have control over your emotions and she's done a good job of that. Yes she is using you to make herself feel better especially after you were such a gentleman and refused her sexual advances. She's got a lot of baggage at the moment so you should give her space let her resolve what she needs to, your friends right avoid contact with her, yes it will be painful to do but it will save you greater damage that the situation will cause if you keep in touch with her. It's for your own best interest in the long term if you cut her out of your life.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• she sounds like drama...and she is playing your emotionsngget over her by watchin some p*rn deleting and blocking her number and go do some crazy sh*t with our guy friends...maybe look for a new girl to date or somethig

• I'm confused why you rejected her, but it was probably the right thing to do. For all it's worth, it sounds like she's got too much baggage for you to handle. Find someone who isn't in such a situation as this girl.