Hot girls don't get approached as much as you'd think, true or false?

He told me that attractive /hot girls don't get approached as much as you'd think, and that most of the time they're single.

he said its because most guys are afraid of approaching them, or think they're out of their league.

is this true ? are most attractive girls single because they intimidate guys ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Very true.

I'm not trying to sound conceited but I've had guys actually open up & tell me that they think that I'm "too good for them & would never give them a chance", this makes me so mad. I really don't even have a type & would never assume I'm better than someone else. Be confident in yourself, yeah looks do matter but then again personality wins in my book. A guy could be the most attractive guy I've ever seen but if his personality sucks then there's no point. I rather be with a semi-decent guy who has a great personality, then be with thee hottest guy ever with no personality.

• First is that you in your pic?

and second, do you get approached often? or do most guys just look and stay away ?

• YES. Def the best answer.

• I don't know what dudeman 's problem is, Nat. I know first hand that top-shelf women like you either don't get approached much at all, or mainly get approached by the dbag dudes (and the more genuine dude are afraid of you like you're a flesh eating zombie).

:-P

What Girls Said 13

• Very true.

• I agree with what the guys are saying, if the "hot" girl has a great personality she will get approached a lot! Now I don't know if I'm considered a "hot girl" but I personally get approached all the time but only when I'm being myself. When I'm acting happy and laughing and making humor a lot of guys like me.. When I'm quiet and look sullen not so much... Right now I have a few guys interested in me but I've been single for a year now and I don't really want a relationship right now. So I think the answer to this question is a yes/no sometimes answer.

• Well said. :)

• Thanks prof, although I don't understand why I said I get approached? When I don't. lol.

• True. Unless I personally make an effort to approach a man, it's only drunks or sugar daddy types.

• So I'm kinda worried if I say something here that some man will hate on me. Well here it goes. I believe your statement is true. I have beautiful friends that always end up with douchbags. Men who treat them like Shit. I think men are intiminated by their beauty, especially if they do not have confidence in themselves. And the beautiful woman stay single because of this unless they have a horrible boyfriend that treats them like sh*t. Beautiful and gorgeous woman are people to. You just have to talk to her. Most of them are actually sweet and nice. Some are Bitches but I think its because they have been through a lot with guys or they are into themselves.

• The idea of beautiful / gorgeous women being people, is an idea I truly embrace. They're people, not objects! :-P

• NO, that is not true,the reason why is because they know that when you think your all that and a bag of chips you have a bad attitude. You think your too good and you have gotten the big head. Nine times out of ten, they have a man,because they think they can have any man they want. Don't get me wrong it's nice to be attractive but with a nice attitude,so people will feel that it OK to approach you! It's the man or boy INSECURITIES is why they think like that!

More from Girls
8

What Guys Said 9

• yes and no... If the attractive girl has a magnetic personality they tend to have tons of boyfriends.

a "10" that is more introverted however probably doesn't get many dates, because guys are intimidated

• yeah but you wouldn't know what the girl's personality is like when you first approach her. Aren't we talking about approaching hot girls who we don't know?

• I am interested to hear more women respond to this. My feeling has always been that hot women get approached by so many men they begin to disdain men and feel that the men who approach them are not "good" men.

...which fits the responses we have gotten.

it also makes sense, the more confident guys do a lot of the approaches, and jerks tend to be confident, so they would get approached by a lot of jerks.

I have been surprised by the number of women who said they are hot and don't get approached though, that surprised me, I want to hear from more of them.

• Okay, I'm gonna feel really conceited for responding here, but I've always been told that I'm hot and when I was in high school actually did some modeling. I rarely if ever get approached by guys. And it's funny too because I think I"m pretty down-to-earth-I wear jeans and t-shirts more than heels and miniskirts and would rather hang out watching a movie than go clubbing. That might be part of the problem though, idk. I guess I probably shouldn't be as shy and "bookish" but thta's just who I am.

• I think its more of the other way around more hot guys are single because girls naturally won't ask but guys are pumped with testosterone and think they have what it takes so there are more than you think probably but a lot of guys try

• I would actually say it's somewhat false, at least around where I live. The girls that you see around here are always with a guy. We have way more than a few high schools and colleges around here, which means there are a bunch of different networks to get into. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of guys. This also means that there are a lot of guys who want to approach a girl at a party or whatnot. Who knows, I might be wrong but to me it doesn't seem like pretty girls have much of a problem.

I think it also depends on what type of guys are approaching these pretty girls, whether they are the jerks or not. Again, I see a lot of girls in relationships with dudes. Some may be jerks, some may just act like jerks to get girls, and some might be nice. But again, to me it doesn't seem like girls are having a problem.

• Not entirely true - hot girls who act like stuck up bitches don't get approached. I see this all the time - the girls I work with (and the girl I'm going with) are all "hot" and guys are always approaching them because they are extroverted, friendly etc. They have hot friends too, and a couple of the hot friends are almost never approached by guys because they just sit there and look grumpy, when guys dare to talk to them they look the other way, yawn whatever. One of them started venting at me the other day, telling me how she hadn't been laid in a year, guys don't want her, blah blah blah. I told her "you know, there's a reason for that" which I thought was kind of funny & a bit true. Age 30, really good looking, financially secure and can't get a date says a LOT if you ask me.

More from Guys
4