• Ask
  • myTake

Girls, Do you get so nervous around the guy you like that you...

Does the thought of being in the same room and talking to your crush or the guy you like make you act completely hysterical? Do you do things you... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• I have a tragic tale. I had a 10-month crush on a guy.who had no idea who I was. not kidding, NO idea!I pined over this guy. I fantasized about him almost everyday. He wasn't what my friends called "attractive" but I thought he was just the sexiest thing alive. Anyway, he was graduating this year. and I WANTED to do something. We went to a very large school (>30,000 people) and I didn't see him around too much. I just needed an opportunity when he wasn't surrounded by his friends and when he wasn't preoccupied, so that I could strike up conversation.The opportunity magically happened for me. I was in the food court and I go to sit down at a table to study and eat. Guess who is sitting at the table next to mine all by himself? MYSTERY HOT GUY!I was in awe. I knew I had to do something because this would probably be my only chance to talk to him before he would graduate. But I sat there. My heart was RACING. My eyes were wider than they've ever been. but I completely froze. I couldn't think of ANYTHING to say. my mind was yelling at me to DO SOMETHING OR I'D REGRET IT FOREVER. but I couldnt. I was incapacitated. I sat at that table across from his for a full 30 minutes. and he got up and left. I never saw him again. and I'm still kicking myself today.lesson: sometimes our body does things to us that we can't control. TRY to be understanding. she can get acclimated to you with time. but nerves are a funny thing.

• Been there. done that too.

• Yuppers, me too. Guys don't think you exist sometimes...

What Girls Said 6

• Ive had a crush on a guy I work with for at least 2.5 yrs. I can tell you, every part of me inside wants me to walk right up to him and be all over that. I imagine all these things in my head of how confident I am and how good things will be but the second I have an opportunity I can't look at him, I shake, I ignore him, anything to stop feeling that anxiety. So I definitely can share that feeling of that. I can understand her feeling of nervousness, but after she knows that you like her, it still could be a little overwhelming. She's probably playing hard to get, trying to give you a little something to work for and make you think she's not as available as you think she is, ya know put the ball in her court for a little while. My friend always talked about "playing the game" which honestly when you hear about what she would do, its absolutely pathetic. I think that yes you should try again, be a little more assertive, if she blows you off again I'd let it go, she's obviously into playing too many games.

• aw. I do get nervous like that sometimes. but the makindg excuses is what I don't understand. at first I was gonna say that maybe her parents won't let her date, but then you said she was hanging out with the douche, so I don't get it now. maybe you have a mutual friend you can pump for info.

• I really like this guy, and if he asked me out I would say yes in a heartbeat. I would never say oh I am busy, after I told him I would go out with him. I want to tell you I get so nervous when I am around him, but that wouldn't stop me from going out with him, if he asked me. That is stupid to be with a guy you don't have feelings for. I think she doesn't know what she wants. You should try one more time and if she doesn't come around then ask someone else out you like.

• I know how this girl feels. I'm going through this right now. There's this one guy that I would give anything for him to ask me out, but it's like I like him so much to the point that I'm afraid to be in the same room as him, and in general I'm just afraid of him, I even hate seeing him walking in my general direction. I hate rejection, and so many girls like him. I've made it get to the point where we don't talk anymore, and he's had a few girlfriends. It hurts me to see him with them, because I know I had my chance more than once, and it really hurts me to see him with that new girl in his life and to see how close they are, but then I remember that those loose girls that he's always with, he always ends up dumping them, because they end up hurting him or doing something so stupid and inmature, it always happens. And he's told me in the past that I'm the sweetest and most innocent person he knows. I just wish I had the confidence to go up to him and say hey, I like you. And explain every feeling I have for him. I honestly believe that I love this person, we were friends, and I guess it grew from that.So there's a chance that this girl is still MADLY inlove with you, but she's afraid that you won't be committed to her, and she just feels threatened by the people that surround you. That and she's extremely shy, to the max.

• i think you should make the first move.This happened to me to (im a girl) I would never everrrrrrrrr make the first move because I'm so shyyy.Tell her how you feel and convince her you really like her (when you're alone I suggest).Tell her you're serious about this and then she should open up to you.Good luck hope this helps.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion and earn 1 extra Xper Point!