• Ask
  • myTake

Is my best guy friend leading me on?

I have been best friends with this guy for over 3 years now, and over time things have become more flirty and more touchy. My room mates would always make comments about how he is obviously interested in me, but I would shake it off. Then one evening he took me back to his place (we had been drinking), and I spent the night. I remember laughing because he had this big grin on his face! We talked about it afterward and we both agreed that this wouldn't be a continuous thing because neither of us were sure about our feelings. After that though, it was very obvious that he had feelings for me. I would catch him looking at me very often, he would smile at me more than usual, he wanted to hangout all the time, and he would often go out of his way to see me. As this progressed, I began to see him in another light, so eventually I told him that my feelings had changed. He freaked out a little and told me he didn't think he felt the same way. I accepted that and moved on, but he is still be really flirty and touchy and wants to hangout all the time! He still tells me about the other girls in his life though. The other night his leg was touching mine the entire time and he was whispering in my ear and everything. What is most shocking is that I know I wasn't mis-reading his signals. My room mates spotted it first, after all! Is he leading me on? I am so confused!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I don't think he is trying to lead you on but probably the fact that he knows you have feelings for him makes it easier to do these things to you. Did you two have sex the night you stayed the night at his place? He probably does care about you but just in a friendly way and, he likes to have a good time with you

What Guys Said 2

• JUst ask him, otherwise your going to be sitting their pondering on this forever if he's your friend he won't mind at all if you ask

• That might just be his nature and he may be like that with you ecause he feels comfortable and because he told you it wouldn't work then he doesn't think that it would give you the wrong impression if he said he doesn't like you then he proberly doesn't :( sorry I'm in the smae situation at the meoment my friend told me she likes me but I don't like her back and never will but we always flirt and have fun but that's it nothing more

What Girls Said 2

• yeah, it sounds like it. I went through the same thing with a close guy friend recently. they best you can do is put some distance between the two of you. good luck!