Why would he ignore me but gets jealous when I talk with other guys?

this guy I kind of like and hooked up with in the past recently started ignoring me every time he sees me, he won't make eye contact and would get all quiet and serious every time I come over, and it's not like I haven't tried talking to him but he just gives me really short answers and doesn't seem to want to have a conversation with me, but when he sees me talking to other guys he still looks upset and jealous. I'm so confused! Any help?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 2

• I'm going through the exact same situation as you right now. When I make the effort to talk and be friendly he keeps it short and kind of avoids me like I don't exist. But just recently when other guys have been approaching me and talking to me I can tell by his reaction that he's jealous. I think guys may act like this if they have feelings for you but just don't know how to handle it or be around you.

• I know from experience what you mean. I think that the reason the guy gets jealous is because when yall hooked up he might have gotten a little possessive. If he's not talking to you that's a sign that 1 he just got what he wanted and that's it or 2 he's embarrassed about what happened. From experience I think the best thing to do would be to not even pay attention to him anymore. If he wants to start a conversation great, let him. But don't try talking to him first since obviously that just sounds like failed attempts and probably makes you mad and doubt yourself when he doesn't respond the way you want him to. Try just giving him space. easier said than done I understand, but it will lead to a happier ending for you. Get your mind off of him and hang out with another guy friend. If he gets jealous, so what your not his. Don't let his attitude control your own. Hope I helped a tiny bit. Goodluck! :)

• yeah, the thing is we didn't sleep together, we didn't even get to third (sorry, I should've clarified the 'hooking up' part lol, my definition is a bit different than some other people's) and I only try to talk to him because he goes out of his way to stand near me but doesn't say anything and it's kind of awkward if we're both silent..but this sucks because I do like him =(