Men, why do guys call other guys gay, who aren't even gay?

We're talking about guys who obviously are NOT gay not actual teasing of gay kids. I'm especially talking about teenage boys doing this and I'm curious why. This is a boy that has a pretty girlfriend and is very attractive himself. Why would other guys focus in on him and say this? Is it... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• Gay doesn't mean homosexual. Unfortunately it has become another word simply used to tease anyone like "retard" or "d***head". I try to use words like "sh*t" and "rubbish" when saying I dislike something because my best friend (who actually is gay) always tells me off if I say something like "aww that was so gay" when I don't like something. I dunno. Just stupid guys

• yeah I get that between friends it can be used in a teasing way. I'm just curious why guys would say it to guys who aren't friends of theirs

• jealousy probably