Did your parent(s) ever hit you? How much, and for what? Did they eventually stop?

If you don't wanna read my personal experiences, just skip to the last paragraph (this whole description is just my personal experiences).

My dad never hit me. He's always been really nice.

My mom used to hit me and my brothers soooooooo much (but more me since I used to get in the most trouble). My dad hated it when she hit us, and was gradually able to teach her how to control her anger better. Now she's a lot better, but she's still got a temper and tends to overreact about little things (she never hits us anymore, though).

Once I was practicing piano in Grade 2 I think (grade 2 in school - probably grade 1 in piano) and I was supposed to be practicing a certain technique - rolling my fingers or something. I didn't understand what I was supposed to do, and my mom kept getting really pissed off, and she would go to her room to read the newspaper while listening to my piano. If my piano didn't sound good, every five minutes, she would come down and slap me repeatedly. It was a horrible experience for me (although I'm sure other people have had WAY worse experiences) because I couldn't help it - I just didn't understand the technique. I kept using trial and error (error being getting slapped) to finally guess the right technique since I didn't actually understand the technique. It took me hours. And during those hours, every five minutes, my mom would come down and slap me multiple times then go back upstairs.

Another time, my mom found out that in school, in Grade 1, as a joke, I put my fingers behind my head as if they were horns, looked at my friend, and said, "I'm the devil." (A teacher had seen me do this and told my mom.) My mom shouted at me something like, "If you want to be the devil, you need to have hot stuff!" and made me eat raw chili powder. Yeah. Sometimes my mom was crazy haha. Oh, and also, she beat me because of that.

I remember one time she was hitting me with a big wooden spoon so hard that it broke in half. The worst was when she used a wooden roller - I can still imagine how it felt. I got the worst bruises on my legs from that - it went f***ing deep. Sometimes she also used a metal spoon. Most of the time she just slapped me, though (but still, that could hurt too).

In Grade 5 I was just starting to use swear words, and I thought they were both fun and cool to use (turns out they weren't that cool lol, but they were fun). I went up behind someone in my class on the stairwell and said, "f*** you" to him (without meaning it obviously), and he told on me. I kept lying to my family saying I didn't say that. You have no idea how much I was hit because of that hahaha. Hours on end of being hit by my mom, trying to convince me to tell the truth.

My mom stopped hitting me probably around the end of Grade 6, but I had learned how to get into less trouble by around Grade 5.

So that's enough about me :)

What about you guys? Personal experiences are always welcome like I gave, or just general answers if you want.

And sorry for the long description haha.

Most Helpful Guy

• My mum...

Fiery tempered Irish lady who doesn't give a f***. Ohhhh I've suffered in the past. Fists not hands, punches not slaps. If I pissed her off in the kitchen I'd RUN... that Irish lady's got pans at her disposal, I've suffered 'the wok' many times as an ignorant teen.

Do I blame her... NOT AT ALL. Well done Mama :)

• Why don't you blame her? Did she hit you for good reasons?

• I was more than a handful when I was younger, raised by my mum... she needed to be firm else her life would have been more chaotic than it was :)

• Hahaha okay.