Do girls chase guys?

Please explain your votes! :)

Do you ever go after the guy or do you let him do all the work?

If you do chase, what makes you want to chase him? What do you do?

If you think he should do all the work what would you expect him to do to get your attention or interest?

If you believe it should be a mixture of the guy and the girl chasing who does most of the chasing?

• Girls don't chase guys
  • Girls do chase guys
  • It's a mixture. Both girls and guys chase.
For those that are interested still here is great article on this subject:

"Why don't women ask men out on first dates?" Psychology Today

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the girl should be approachable as well as able to start or continue a conversation with a guy. I do not think the guy needs to perform like a peacock to get a girl's attention though if a girl is very interesting to a guy, they will do things to catch her attention.

I believe the guy should ask for the date and it should be a date, not an offer to "hangout" or some other vague thing that leaves the girl wondering if the guy wants romance or friendship or is just trying to convert her into booty call.

I think girls should be polite and if she does not want to date a guy, she should politely decline, not accept then cancel or give a million excuses that keeps a guy wondering if he still has a chance when you know you are not interested.

So, no, I do not think girls should chase guys but they also should not leave everything up to the guy either. Dating and romance is a dance between two people and both sides need to bring something to the table in most cases.

• Gosh if only every girl thought this way. I can't tell you how many times a girl accepted then later changed plans or cancelled and left me wondering if she was really just busy or trying to subtly show she wasn't interested.

As for inviting a girl to "hangout" I am guilty of this sometimes. Usually it's just through texting or in person as a precursor to see if she would be interested in spending time with me. If she says yes to hangout I will then set plans for a specific activity which I

• Please foreward your reply to other women pleease.

• Tamikaze thank you for your explanation. It never occured to me why girls do that.

GAG Video of the Day

GirlsAskGuys on the streets of Chicago!

What Girls Said 23

• It is a mixture. However, the guy has to initiate and ask on a first date etc. The girl however has to show the guy she is interested so that the guy can ask her out on a date without risking his manhood to get torn off into itty bitty shreds of rejection. Its a bird dance that requires the collaboration of both without denying nature.

• Thanks and I agree. However I originally had intended to find out the number of girls who DO make the first move and actually initiate things versus letting the guy make the first move. I know they're out there, but I also know that what you describe is far more common.

• i vote c

• It depends on how badly I want them, whether or not they're already chasing me, and the odds of it working in my favour. If a guy's chasing me, I only reciprocate if I'm feeling him too. Similarly, I think that guys experience the same thing. So it's all about gauging his potential reactions, and deciding whether he's worth the risk. I have chased guys before. I've been rejected, but I've also experienced positive outcomes. I think that as long as there's some level of give and take, it's healthy for either sex to pursue the other. It shouldn't always be up to the man, or all of those wonderful shy guys out there would end up lonely! I'm not sure what it is that makes me chase a guy... It's just a gut feeling. A natural attraction that I can't get over. If I want him to chase me, I flirt, and then back off to see if he took the bait/wants more. Although, again, it depends on so many things... I find that men generally do most of the chasing, but I definitely don't think that it's reasonable for girls to think they don't have to pull their own weight. If you like someone, go for it! :)

• In my experience this is pretty much how it works. I talk/flirt with a girl and continue or stop based on her reactions. While I agree it is a give and take I feel that in most cases the guy is predominantly "chasing" and the girl either reciprocates to some extent (flirts back etc.) or she doesn't and the guy (usually) gets the drift.

• C, I've never chased though.

• I completely agree with Tamikaze; I don't chase guys I merely try to make my interest known. At least, I don't see it that way. To me, chasing is a bit more aggressive and I think guys can get away with that better than girls can without pushing at the psycho boundaries.

I put the flirtatious feelers out there, and hope he picks up the hints to ask me out. If he doesn't, I wait to see if he at least responds in kind or if I get shot down. If I don't get shot down with body language or nonverbal behavior I casually might suggest coffee or something.

Used to be completely against asking a guy out at all, in anyway, but ever since I've changed my point of view and stepped up sometimes, I have a lot more luck. And not one of them thinks I'm easy/desperate just for making one of the first moves! :-)

• This is exactly how I understand things to work. It's definitely refreshing for a girl to make a bit of the guesswork easier by making one of the first moves. Thanks for the answer!

More from Girls
18

What Guys Said 11

• I am surprised right now by results. I am the only one (out of three) that think that girls don't chase guys. WOW

• If I were to vote I'd agree with you, based on my personal experience and what I've learned over the years. Girls do sometimes chase guys, but it seems to me to be a rare case.

• I have chased girls and I have been chased, it all depends on the circumstances but I'd say men chasing women is more prevalent

• The classical image is that it's the guy doing it but that's just a fantasy. If a girl likes a guy she will "chase" him, ie put effort into the relationship, plan dates, buy gifts, do things for him, that sort of thing.

• I still feel the classical image is the one more common in today's society. Yes there's the exception and I would even go so far as to say it's becoming a little more common for girls to pursue guys (no personal experience to back this up though) - the fact is guys are still expected to do the chasing.

• I don't chase. I replace.

• As someone with a stalker, yes. They do. In hallways. Parking lots. Town Fireworks. She's persistent.

More from Guys
6