Still a virgin, am I too old?

I know everyone always says that you should wait until you are ready, and I guess that's true, but I'm 16 and still a virgin. I've made out and done a few other things, but never vaginal intercourse. All of my friends have already had sex and I feel like I'm really missing out, or I should have already had it. I am too old to still be a virgin?

Well I had sex for the first time back in February with a guy I have been friends with for about four years. I didn't feel any pressure whatsoever, things were great and we've been dating ever since. All the advice made me feel a lot better though. Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I hope that listening to all these answers has given you the confidence to go on being a virgin. When you find the person you think is right, you will know that you want to be with them.

I'll put it another way, 14 or 15 or even younger may be the average age to lose your virginity but do you really want to be just average? Strive for something above average. Being a virgin is something you will only have once in your life. Don't waste it, on just some guy, and just because everyone else is doing it, it should be something special.

By the way this is the first question I've seen with this many answers, this many people took the time to reach out to you, because they think it's important for you to know being a virgin at 16 is not something to stress over. Everyone who answered basically said its something you should cherish not something to be just handed over. I truly hope you are paying attention. Stay strong, being a virgin is not something to be ashamed of, not something you should want to get rid of.

• Tammy--awesome answer--I too hope she listens and doesn't give in to pressure.

• Thanks, I have a 15 year old daughter so I just thought about how I would answer if it were my kid asking.

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 10

• Definitely don't bow to pressure. You do it when you are really sure that you want to, but make sure the desire really comes from yourself and not your boyfriend. If he can't respect where you are, then lose him fast.

• Not that you should base your life on celebrities' actions, but Adriana Lima told GQ magazine that she is a devoted Catholic and a virgin. Sex is for after marriage," she says. "They have to respect that this is my choice. If there's no respect, that means they don't want me."

And I'm pretty sure she's cooler than your friends. Don't let people pressure you into doing things you aren't comfortable with. As tammymac noted, a lot of people have responded - clearly not everybody thinks you're too old. Keep your head up and know that a lot of people think you're doing the right thing.

• KEEP YOUR VIRGINITY! you are rare. I put it like this, After I lost mine under the same circumstances as you. When it was over I said "THIS COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER! THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SPECIAL! I FEEL CHEATED!" When you meet that someone special or your spouse, YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME!! You got the rest of your life!

• Heck no.i'm 20 and am still a virgin, I've never even kissed a girl. So don't give in to any pressure, now or ever.

• Too old? No way. What are you talking about?!

More from Guys
5

What Girls Said 25

• I don't know what the world has come to when a 16 year old says that.! Of course it's completely fine for you to be a virgin at that age. Are you serious?! What kind of friends have you been hanging around. I think that you should do it when you are completely ready and comfortable with it, with someone that you love. Now if that is like in your 20s, 30s, 40s, after or before marriage it doesn't matter as long as you are mental and emotionally willing to do it. Until then, don't worry about it at all! I totally agree with what stanley said too. If some gorgeous model can have those high standards then you can too.

• Your still way young are you serious? Girl wait as long as you can and trust me I am 20 and 8 months pregnant your not missing much.... wait until it is the right time for you and wait for the RIGHT person or you will always regret it. you have so much time do not listen to anyone else on this or what they think about losing it now because in the end it is your choice and in the end only you have to face you and live with it choose wisely...

• Holy cow, that kind of question makes me feel old. I was 19 when I lost mine, and I regret doing it even then, because I did it because I just didn't want to be a virgin. And really - it's not that special unless it's with someone you really care about, and who really cares about you (I'm not saying marriage, necessarily, just don't have sex for the sake of having sex. Have it because you really want a deeper connection/the next level with the guy.).

• I agree with Dr-Gene-, you're never too old to be a virgin and don't feel pressured to lose your virginity just because your friends have already lost theirs.

• I was like you--I fooled around until I was 20 *gasp* and had sex with a man I was engaged to. We never married, (I married at 35), because we were still growing and knowing ourselves, but I didn't regret it because the person cared a great deal about me. I was glad I waited. My hubby was even older than me-- we were able to make wiser, more adult decisions because we waited. If anyone tries to pressure you or make you feel bad, they are probably just jealous and don't care about you! Wait for the right person--and be proud!

More from Girls
20