Gave my number to a waiter....?

So I went to dinner with friends, and the waiter was really hot, and kept staring and smiling at me. Occasionally, we would ask him questions and he would stay and talk for a while and each time he looked at me he would stare for a bit and smile. My friends convinced me to give him my number,... Show More

Rough version of my text: Hi (his name). I'm good, how are you? Hope you're not working too hard? It's nice to hear from you, hope to hear from you soon.

Could this text be the reason why I've heard nothing!? What the heck was I suppose to text!?
Why are guys saying that I should text him again? If he's interested he doesn't need me to text him again. The thought of that makes me sound pathetic. I'm so confused!

Most Helpful Guy

• He's interested otherwise he would have never text. A guy would text a girl that gave him her number just so they could build something platonic.

He could be shy and / or not very aggressive. It took 3 days to text you. The delay because he doesn't want to seem pushy or perhaps desperate, he text 'cause it's safer than a call.

You text him back but fail to mention what you said. Did you just reply by answering his question? If he is shy or not very aggressive, a reply that doesn't give him an obvious opening is a reply that will go unanswered.

Shy people are tough to chase. You gave him your number and you replied back. Your interest is obvious and he's interested. You just have to do the work here. Welcome to the guys side of dating.

With all that said, conversely, he could have girlfriend and the sparks between the 2 of you just weren't enough to distract from that relationship.

So chase harder or let it go.

• I know it's possible that he could be in a relationship, but texting to start a platonic thing?! I don't like the sound of that.

I was under the impression that men do not enjoy being chased. It makes the girl look desperate. And how would I chase without looking desperate?

I think that I should just stick to the rules, and if I don't hear from him soon I'm just going to write him off as one that just wasn't interested.

And I hardly believe that a guy this good looking is shy!

• I did not type this correctly: A guy would text a girl. . . It should have said: A guy would not text a girl. . .

Every man is different. And nearly everyone likes to be chased to some extent. Chase to much you're either desperate or pushy, don't push enough and it "shows" you're not interested.

If you like this guy, chase him. If he is the type of guy that will like you, he'll be responsive. If not, he won't. If it's not your style to chase, then don't be something you aren't and let it go.