• Ask
  • myTake

Do guys like it when girls approach them first?

i was just wondering if guys like it when a girl asks them out, or ask for their number?or even makes the first move? personally I can't see myself... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• guys liked this even when society thought it wrong. its a compliment. and expressing your feelimgs to guys is one of the biggest turn ons. its always amazed me that girls want to hook up with guys but they don't want to do the thing that turns guys on the most. and that's show there feelings and saying I like you. and if you already feel this way why not do this. yet for some reason girls would rather stroke there hair or bat there eyes and meanwhile th e guy has no clue you like them. there have been girls who admitted to me before they moved away they liked me. I said yea I would have dated you. but I never knew how you felt. so it never happend. don't miss out on opportunities because the guy doesn't know you like him

What Guys Said 4

• I absolutely second that motion

• yeah because sometimes when you approach the girl she'll say ''i have a boyfriend '' its hard to tell if she single or not till we ask so Yup go ahead and ask or give you'r phone number if you feel he's interested in you .lol

• YES! Girls need to do this more often, I find it hard to know if a girl has interest. Also, I'm not very confident so I never really approach girls.

What Girls Said 1

• It depends what the situation is. I will almost never approach a guy walking down the street or something like that. But recently, at parties and such, if I find a guy I wanna talk to, I just walk right up and ask if he wants to dance. I never used to be this bold but it's college and hell if I think he's hot I just go for it. I'm not really sure how well the strategy works. I've never been turned down for a dance before and all of them have asked for my number and called. However, this could be for sexual reasons and not so much for relationship reasons. I haven't quite figured out which way (guys approaching vs girls approaching) they take more seriously.