• Ask
  • myTake

What is the best thing to do after you break up with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend?

Well I broke up with my Boyfriend the other day and I wanted to know if talking to him and stuff was ok. This could be like any way of contacting them.

This question has a poll!

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Go cold turkey and stop talking to him for at least a few weeks. Saying hi at school is fine, but no texting, no calling, nothing. It sounds like you may have dumped him, so for his sake (and yours) spare him the teasing that comes with contacting him. And if he dumped you and is still trying to contact you, tell him nicely that he hurt you and you need space to move on.

What Guys Said 3

• it really depends on the WAY you broke up.mutually.no hard feelings.or bitter ending.

• If you really want to get back together, go ahead and talk and see what happens, BUT, if your trying to get over him, the best thing to do is not talk to him, the more you think about him the worse it is.

• if both of you still have feelings for each other try to worked out if not don't contact him anymore .

What Girls Said 5

• If I don't want to see him and he screwed up badly, ignore or talk but not that much

• When it's done it's done. Move on and stay away from each other if you really had feelings involved.

• Depends a lot on how long you were together, what kind of feelings there are for both of you, etc.If it was a short relationship, without much emotional interference, then sure; keep talking to him, but don't lead him on.If it was longer, or either of you said the L word, I would completely alienate him, for the time being. If he's still pining for you, that's the nicest thing you can do for him, in the long run.

• well me personally I have always remained in good company with any of my exes until recently with my newborns father we still talk becuz he's the3 dad and I don't want him to think I'm keeping him from the baby but he's the only one I never got along with after breaking up.

• The best thing to do is to just move on. It can be hard sometimes because you feel bad after doing it. Try just being friends with him sometimes they might not want to be friends because they are mad that you dumped them. Usually when they still have feelings for you even after you dumped they will go ahead and be friends to be as close as they can to you and hope that one day you guys may come back together.