Which questions to ask a guy before dating him?

What questions should you ask a guy before you start to date him? To get to know him better?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is a total stranger and you want to know if he is a dating material, you probably would want to know the basics such as if he works, can take care of himself and can keep his den clean. After all, is he can't do any of it, he wouldn't be a good candidate.

Try to word your questions carefully so that he won't feel like he is being interrogated. And don't have a judgemental tone. Be genuine and curious rather than inquiring.

Instead of asking what he does for a living and where he lives, you can say "What do you do at other times, when you are not talking to (or flirting with) strangers?" This will not only end up with an answer about what he does for a living but also will also fill you in about many other things he might be doing.

And instead of asking where he lives straight up, you can sneak it into some sort of conversation while talking about the local food market that you like to go when you get a chance and ask him where he lives and then finish it off with 'yeah, not too far from you, either" or accordingly.

I wouldn't want a chick asking me what I do and where I live and judge me based on that even before knowing me. And if those should be the questions, I would ignore them and try to catch the next space shuttle to get away.

What Experts Said

• 5|0
GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Guys Said 11

• I would suggest only one question... hope it make sense for you..

Just ask the guy what do you expect from your girl friend or a gud friend if you want to be in a relation... or what all qualities you expect in your gf...

If he gives a satisfactory answer then he is the right person.. but be prepare once you ask this question.. he might ask you the same inturn.. so br prepared..

• 1. what kind of car do you drive.

2. How big is your wallet.

3. What do you do?

4. How big are you downstairs?

5. Why did your last girlfriend break up with you?

6. when was the last time you had a girlfriend?

7. I have a 500 dollar minimum date limit, are you going to meet that?

8. Are you going to be upset if we don't kiss and make out on the first date?

9. Do you plan on spending any money on me? Because if you are, I'm going to think you're a loser.

10. If you don't spend any money on me, are you ok with not ever having sex with me?

these are great. You should totally ask these. :|

• I would keep it casual at first, until you decide that you are interested in each other. Ask about school, work, and what he likes to do. Try to find common interests to discuss. That'll make your conversation easier.

• You should ask him what he wants in his future, and whether or not he would mind being with a woman who has a child.

• Ask him what three things he would take w/ him on a desert island.

• Ha ha, this one seems to be the answer around here these days :) but a good one too.

More from Guys
6

What Girls Said 13

• Get to know what he likes. Music, hobies, opinions on issues. I've learned that a good man doesn't have to be "currently" employed, just recently employed and actively looking. If you really want to date a guy you don't want to let him think you are judging him so be free and open :)

OH, and be sure he has no criminal record...or at least not a violent or wreckless one.

• Ask him if he's spent time in a mental institution and, if so, if he actually keeps up with his treatment.

Seriously, I actually dated a guy where this was a problem. The breakup was very, very scary.

• Been there, hah, it definitely is a scary thing to have to deal with

• The way you said that was pretty funny. In reality, I could see how that would be scary. Good movie idea.

• What his goals are in life.

• 1) Background/childhood

2) Where did you grow up

3)Religous views

4)Family/Siblings

5) Likes and dislikes

6) What kind of music do they like

7)Fetishes

• Do you have a computer

More from Girls
8