Which questions to ask a guy before dating him?

What questions should you ask a guy before you start to date him? To get to know him better?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is a total stranger and you want to know if he is a dating material, you probably would want to know the basics such as if he works, can take care of himself and can keep his den clean. After all, is he can't do any of it, he wouldn't be a good candidate.

Try to word your questions carefully so that he won't feel like he is being interrogated. And don't have a judgemental tone. Be genuine and curious rather than inquiring.

Instead of asking what he does for a living and where he lives, you can say "What do you do at other times, when you are not talking to (or flirting with) strangers?" This will not only end up with an answer about what he does for a living but also will also fill you in about many other things he might be doing.

And instead of asking where he lives straight up, you can sneak it into some sort of conversation while talking about the local food market that you like to go when you get a chance and ask him where he lives and then finish it off with 'yeah, not too far from you, either" or accordingly.

I wouldn't want a chick asking me what I do and where I live and judge me based on that even before knowing me. And if those should be the questions, I would ignore them and try to catch the next space shuttle to get away.

What Experts Said