Which questions to ask a guy before dating him?

What questions should you ask a guy before you start to date him? To get to know him better?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Experts Said

Most Helpful Opinion

• If it is a total stranger and you want to know if he is a dating material, you probably would want to know the basics such as if he works, can take care of himself and can keep his den clean. After all, is he can't do any of it, he wouldn't be a good candidate.Try to word your questions carefully so that he won't feel like he is being interrogated. And don't have a judgemental tone. Be genuine and curious rather than inquiring. Instead of asking what he does for a living and where he lives, you can say "What do you do at other times, when you are not talking to (or flirting with) strangers?" This will not only end up with an answer about what he does for a living but also will also fill you in about many other things he might be doing. And instead of asking where he lives straight up, you can sneak it into some sort of conversation while talking about the local food market that you like to go when you get a chance and ask him where he lives and then finish it off with 'yeah, not too far from you, either" or accordingly.I wouldn't want a chick asking me what I do and where I live and judge me based on that even before knowing me. And if those should be the questions, I would ignore them and try to catch the next space shuttle to get away.

What Guys Said 9

• there is a lady that works in the kitchen at the hotel I work at she is always glad to see me and she fusses about me I front of others and started to tell me I looked better without the mustache I think she is attracted to me I never had anybody do that before rarely had I had a women do that I am no brad pit or George Clooney have I made a mistake sending her chocolates for Valentine's day the hr officer set it up to send things like that for that special day I like her a lot but I don't want to lead her on what can I do about it signed lonelyguy

• I would suggest only one question... hope it make sense for you..Just ask the guy what do you expect from your girl friend or a gud friend if you want to be in a relation... or what all qualities you expect in your gf...If he gives a satisfactory answer then he is the right person.. but be prepare once you ask this question.. he might ask you the same inturn.. so br prepared..

• Make sure you know who you're talking to. You don't want to end up dating a guy who is: (possibly)Gay/ only into sex/ player/ cheater/ liar/ manner-less/ abusive/ maybe ask questions that he can answer if he is honest (after you start dating, because he might be freaked out) like:1. Do you flirt with other women?2. Would you ever hit me?3. Are you bisexual?4. Do you eat like a gentleman?5. Are you honestly in love with me?6. What is the longest time you've gone without making out with someone, aside from me?7. Are you a pig? (meaning he just wants sex)If he answers the right way, call yourself lucky, because you've found your man.

• I know it says questions but even they start with question. One great question to ask in my opinion would be if he thinks with his head(the lower one) or his brain. This question will tell you a lot mainly if he's worth dating, if he is looking for a quiky and if he's serious or not. If he evades the question he's not serious.

• 1. what kind of car do you drive.2. How big is your wallet.3. What do you do?4. How big are you downstairs?5. Why did your last girlfriend break up with you?6. when was the last time you had a girlfriend?7. I have a 500 dollar minimum date limit, are you going to meet that?8. Are you going to be upset if we don't kiss and make out on the first date?9. Do you plan on spending any money on me? Because if you are, I'm going to think you're a loser.10. If you don't spend any money on me, are you ok with not ever having sex with me?these are great. You should totally ask these. :|

• If anyone accualy asked a guy this she is sereously tryng to scare him off

• Nah that's just being a total Douche

• There are a ton of questions you can ask, in fact there are a series of pages devoted to that on GirlsAskGuys. I have selected a few random from one of those lists;*What did you last read, a milk carton, an encyclopedia or something in between?*What did you laugh at most recently?*What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?*On a scale of 6-to-47 how organized are you (or keep it simple, like 1-to-10)?If you'd like to read the rest, go to Questions To Ask A Guy

• how open do you want to be with your future husband? (have secrets, no secrets)what excites you about your life? what do you love to do?

• You should ask him what he wants in his future, and whether or not he would mind being with a woman who has a child.

• Ask him about himself, I know I love to be asked questions. Anything will do.

• I would keep it casual at first, until you decide that you are interested in each other. Ask about school, work, and what he likes to do. Try to find common interests to discuss. That'll make your conversation easier.

• Ask him what three things he would take w/ him on a desert island.

• Ha ha, this one seems to be the answer around here these days :) but a good one too.

What Girls Said 12

• 1) Background/childhood2) Where did you grow up3)Religous views4)Family/Siblings5) Likes and dislikes6) What kind of music do they like7)Fetishes

• What he likes to do on his spare time.What are his goals/hobbies.What his religious/political views are.How he feels about war.Is he a drug user.

• what is his definition of cheating.whats the low scale to high scale.

• Get to know what he likes. Music, hobies, opinions on issues. I've learned that a good man doesn't have to be "currently" employed, just recently employed and actively looking. If you really want to date a guy you don't want to let him think you are judging him so be free and open :)OH, and be sure he has no criminal record...or at least not a violent or wreckless one.

• do you have any fetishes? what are they?

• What his goals are in life.

• His hobbies, his type of music (I naturally bond better with guys who like the music as me), about his family, ask if he has a job. If you believe in sex after marriage than ask him if he does too.What NOT to ask about: Past girlfriends, do not get too much into his family, be polite but do not get into any drama they have, money.P..S. If he lies to impress you, that is a bad thing. (the guy who liked me said he was in the hospital, he was moving and he ended up being a control freak).I hoped I helped

• Do you have a computer

• ask him/her what she likes to do. ask for hobbies. anything that you think is important to you. like, what would you look for in a guy.

• What kind of things should I talk about to get a good conversation going with a guy I like?

• What do he want out of life?

• Ask him if he's spent time in a mental institution and, if so, if he actually keeps up with his treatment.Seriously, I actually dated a guy where this was a problem. The breakup was very, very scary.

• The way you said that was pretty funny. In reality, I could see how that would be scary. Good movie idea.

• Been there, hah, it definitely is a scary thing to have to deal with