I want to know when you hear somebody speak Chinese or said I'm Chinese What do you think?
Most Helpful Opinion
What do I think of China/ What comes across my mind thinking of China:
- A land with LOTS OF Chinese
- Chinese-speaking land
- Excellent almond drink
- 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Very cold weather during winter in several parts of China
- Very hot summer on the other hand in several parts of China
- Pandas! :D
- Has lots of rich, amazing cultural and historical values from the past
(shi Huang Di, Emperors' Palace, Great Wall of China, Museums, Mao Zhe Dong etc.)
- Great Wall of China is one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong walk
- Many cyclists in several parts of China, especially in Beijing
- Hong Kong was returned to China in 1997
- Lotsa of aborigines and district-based clans (such as TeoChew, Hokkien, Hakka etc.)
- One of the leading countries in global economy (many countries are highly dependent of China). It is holding a lot of America's debt
- Interesting traditional dance
- Biggest country in Asia
- In need of a more equal distribution of wealth between the poor and the rich. the gap between them is still too significant.
- it's extremely competitive to get into a China university unless they've excelled very well.
- Lang Lang the pianist
- Hu Jingtao the president
- Beginning to open up to many things (be it economically or taking in immigrants/outsiders)
- Restrictions or ban on several internet websites (such as Facebook and Youtube)
- Great noodles to eat :D but the food can sometimes be a little too oily for my liking
- Beijing citizens, both pedestrians and transport users DON'T obey traffic rules and traffic lights at all (it's so bad that I find it appalling)
- Most girls and guys in China are petite
- Vastly varied in lifestyle depending on which district/part of China one is in.
(there are many more stuff)
What I like about China
- Great opportunities available
- Great cultural and historical values
- Noodles and almond drink
- Hardworking and diligent nation
What I don't like about China
- the people can sometimes be overly competitive to the extent that they can be a very bad sport when they lose or go by wrong means to achieve what they want -> over eager to obtain good grades/results that they lose certain good values within a human
(e.g. a couple of China badminton players played against 2 Indonesian players during the Olympics 2008 Badminton doubles semi finals displayed very bad attitude on screen.)
- some China students can speak too loudly or not being as considerate when being with others.
What I wish for China
- to open up more at a global level rather than keeping it too close. it's for the better of China.
What do I think when someone speaks Chinese:
- they are speaking their mother language, that's just about it
- I would think "I can understand what you are talking about", especially when they are talking bad behind people's back lol
- they would be very happy if they meet someone who can speak Mandarin/Chinese