What do you think of China and Chinese?

I want to know when you hear somebody speak Chinese or said I'm Chinese What do you think?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• What do I think of China/ What comes across my mind thinking of China:- A land with LOTS OF Chinese- Chinese-speaking land- Excellent almond drink- 2008 Beijing Olympics- Very cold weather during winter in several parts of China- Very hot summer on the other hand in several parts of China- Pandas! :D- Has lots of rich, amazing cultural and historical values from the past (shi Huang Di, Emperors' Palace, Great Wall of China, Museums, Mao Zhe Dong etc.)- Great Wall of China is one looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong walk- Many cyclists in several parts of China, especially in Beijing- Hong Kong was returned to China in 1997 - Lotsa of aborigines and district-based clans (such as TeoChew, Hokkien, Hakka etc.)- One of the leading countries in global economy (many countries are highly dependent of China). It is holding a lot of America's debt- Interesting traditional dance- Biggest country in Asia- In need of a more equal distribution of wealth between the poor and the rich. the gap between them is still too significant.- it's extremely competitive to get into a China university unless they've excelled very well.- Lang Lang the pianist- Hu Jingtao the president- Beginning to open up to many things (be it economically or taking in immigrants/outsiders)- Restrictions or ban on several internet websites (such as Facebook and Youtube) - Great noodles to eat :D but the food can sometimes be a little too oily for my liking- Beijing citizens, both pedestrians and transport users DON'T obey traffic rules and traffic lights at all (it's so bad that I find it appalling)- Most girls and guys in China are petite- Vastly varied in lifestyle depending on which district/part of China one is in.(there are many more stuff)What I like about China- Great opportunities available- Great cultural and historical values- Noodles and almond drink- Hardworking and diligent nationWhat I don't like about China - the people can sometimes be overly competitive to the extent that they can be a very bad sport when they lose or go by wrong means to achieve what they want -> over eager to obtain good grades/results that they lose certain good values within a human(e.g. a couple of China badminton players played against 2 Indonesian players during the Olympics 2008 Badminton doubles semi finals displayed very bad attitude on screen.)- some China students can speak too loudly or not being as considerate when being with others.What I wish for China- to open up more at a global level rather than keeping it too close. it's for the better of China. What do I think when someone speaks Chinese:- they are speaking their mother language, that's just about it- I would think "I can understand what you are talking about", especially when they are talking bad behind people's back lol- they would be very happy if they meet someone who can speak Mandarin/Chinese

• By the way, there are bound to have Americans who don't like China/Chinese. So don't take it to heart nor try to reason with them (because it'll only invite unnecessary conflict especially since both communicate quite differently at times)I think most people still have an impression that China has a very communist regime, but I really beg to defer because that's a very outdated idea about China. China has evolved a great deal, although there are still many barriers to overcome.

• Maybe I can try to do it :)

• Loosen up doesn't mean that one will loose their competitiveness. Being overly serious all the time is not always good. That's why so many Chinese get cancer due to inability to juggle between being overly serious, stress and relaxing. But I understand that people can't change in such a short while. and also, this can be hampered by Chinese's own family upbringing, surroundings, environment and people who they live with. some habits are hard to let go

• Show Older

What Girls Said 10

• I am a Chinese girl, I think we know about China now has a lot of people started learning Chinese, I feel good

• ????!�

• Nothing really, I want to learn Mandarin tho.

• What type of Chinese? Cantanese or Mandarin? Either way its really hard for me to understand, but I really like their food Yum. And they are really good at ice skating and gymnastics its awesome. I also like Chinese new year its so much cooler than the American version. However I disagree with their politics.

• Chinese people are very friendly, China to eat a lot, do you know the hot pot..

• Don't worry about it I critizize everyones politics including my own country's

• Dont talk about politics,its none none of my business.I can change nothing about politics.But I like new year too Its hot and many noise in the everywhere

• I don't know really anything about China or its culture. I'm sure it is a neat place...You did ask about what I think when I hear Chinese People talk...WEEEELLLL... Honestly I laugh and think it is the funniest sounding thing I have ever heard! Their decibels are all over the place!...Oh and I LOVE their food! Its really healthy too!

• I think some of them are really good looking. I use to have a Chinese best friend named Xioa Yin Wang. Also my Japanese girlfriend had a Chinese boyfriend. I also watch a lot of Chinese Drama like Meteor Garden and Autumn love.

• yes I also watched Hana Yori Dango

• Meteor Garden I like it too.And I watched different version. e.g.: Japan and Korea they repeat the performance this Drama too:)

• I watched season 1 and 2 of Meteor Garden! It was pretty good and made me cry.

• Show Older
  • I would think "COOL!" because I am very much interested in Asian culture, not to mention people. I dream of a day where I can leave this country and travel around Asia...I already know some Japanese, I need to learn some Chinese now >_<

• really? I always thought they were totally different

• Japanese very resemble Chinese

• Im really interested in different cultures and want to travel, so I would be very keen to talk to you, and find out about you as a person, I also think its a great skill to be able to speak another language

• I can't speak any, but I'm half-chinese, and I've been there a fair few times. It's a nice place :]

• When I in the foreign country I always think of my mom's Chinese food and I try to cook it by myself,but I'm failed.

• Lol, I sure do

• You must like Chinese food,right?

• I think that your Chinese. No difference between you or me, man.

• Yes. I have some very, very close friends that I grew up with that are Chinese-Australian's.

• My friends in the Queensland University.so I know many Chinese like study in the Australia and Australia has many Chinese people

• Oh, okay. Well, I'm Australian, and in Australia, people understand a bit more about China and it's people due to Australia being such a multi-cultural country. We have heaps of Chinese people here. Lol.

• Show Older

What Guys Said 14

• Small d***(:

• Sometimes I kindof wish America had the same ingenuity and work ethic that China has. Then again, China is a primarily Communist regime, so they function largely on slave labour. At the same time, they have some of the most brilliant engineering minds. So, it's hard to really know how to feel about China. The Chinese people though are awesome. Chinese astrology, for example, is fascinating. And Americanized Chinese food is freaking awesome as well...

• You people that rated me down, no orange chicken for you.

• I think we should slap a massive tariff on all Chinese made products until they adopt western Environmental, Workplace Safety and Compensatory Standards. Shipping our manufacturing base off to China has crippled the American economy.

• Go all the way back to my first comment. You are cheap because you pollute the planet and endanger your workers while paying slave wages. You are RUINING the planet. I'm done with you.

• You guys lose the job its not our fault.The same goods one is $10 one is $7 which one do you chose?If you are rich OK no prolebm,but if you have no job you can save the $3 How do you think it?It is ok?

• Everything comes from China. So we have to minimize what we buy. You can't not buy anything Chinese, but you can go without on a LOT of items rather than supporting the current paradigm. I frequently go to the store and look at where something is manufactured, and if I see china, I think long and hard about whether I need it, usually I don't. We don't NEED chinese made goods, Stupid Americans are addicted to the illusion of low prices, but $5 sneakers are no bargain if there are no jobs here.

• Show Older
  • Awesome people!

• China is the greatest nation the world has ever seen. In about 10 years it will be THE superpower. I'm going to start learning Chinese in a few years, after I learn Spanish :P

• I think that they're Chinese, and in general I don't have an opinion of the Chinese as a people. I treat them like individuals.

• Mandarin, Wu, Cantonese, Min, Jin, Xiang, Hakka, or Gan? There is no "Chinese" to be spoken. So which dialect? I think in general these dialects are not so soft, but I do not dislike them, but of the Asian languages Japanese is my favorite to listen to. If someone said they were Chinese I would first ask if they were born in China or it is just their genetic heritage, then I would ask which part of China if that is where they were born. I bear no grudge against Chinese people, but I don't not agree with a number of obscurities there such as treatment of animals, lack of good treatment for its people and tragedies that have/still occur there, but I was most up lifted when I heard a recent news report about a 19 year old woman that saved a 16 year old boy from commiting suicide. She and he were strangers yet she preteneded to be his girlfriend to get past authorities and kiss him causing him to be distracted and grabbed and pulled to safety by nearby authorities. Very cute story I think. Sorry for getting so off topic, just still fresh in my mind.

• So who has bigger penises Chinese or Japanese?

• How many inch of your? 1 or 2?

• i was actually thinking of moving there

• Don't worry, I got thumbed down also.

• wtf a thumbs down

• I think "There's someone who's such a product of indoctrination, that they don't even know it."I'm sure that's not true, but it's my first instinctive thought.The first chinese kid (he was a teen) I met outside of China, had never heard of the Tianamen Square massacre. That blew my mind. Later, I learned just how rigorously controlled the news and internet is, in China. So it didn't blow my mind as much, but it was still very disturbing.

• where do you live

• I don't live in America "dudeman".

• same here too lots of things the government doesn't tell us so what's your point your acting like its a only in china thing

• Show Older
  • In what way?Do I care that there are Chinese people about? Not really, they're common enough. They tend not to be particularly evil so nothing to worry about.Do I like the Chinese language? Well...its not a sexy language. But it does sound kind of cool. Very different.

• Italian, French

• Which language is the sexy language?

• So do you sherve sh*tty chicken at your sh*tty wok?

• South Park is a TV show if you didn't know. On it is this Chinese man who pronounces the word "city" as "sh*tty'.

• so what is the pwaan to take over America we fogot the pwaan, you can talk to us we are utter chinese pewople I love south park so racist against everythings its great

• From South Park

• Show Older
  • I back-packed through China; it's a really cool place with really friendly people.

• Quite true. You can't please everyone.

• yep I don't care about it .You can't let all the people like you.But that's enough part of them like and believe you.

• Apparently, a lot of people on this site are anti-Chinese.

• Show Older
  • Communism