When a guy likes you but pushes you away?

I have liked this guy for a while. And told him. And said he just saw me as a friend. A couple of weeks of ignoring him he told me he had feelings for me. Ever since then it's gone down hill. He's been with other girls in front of me and he doesn't speak to me as much as he used to. The other night he told me he was sorry for messing me around and so we stopped talking once again. And then told one of my best friends the other night 'I care about her so much but I'm pushing her away because I'm too messed for a relationship' He's told me about his past and how he got so hurt by one girl that it's emotionally scarred him. It's rare that he develops feelings for anyone as he just doesn't bother with girls at all unless it's for a night but he knows I'm decent which is why he bothers with me (well used to before it got to hard for him) and he's told me things about his past and about him he wouldn't just tell any girl and he told me I could do so much better for him but he just seems so scared to be with me or well I know this because he told me. But I'm not sure if I should hang on or not?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Sounds like he doesn't like you enough to want to date you but he doesn't want to loose you because you help feed his ego when he has no one. From your story you said he ignored you when he was with another girl and act like you don't exist. That's not a good thing to do to a friend either. Now when thing doesn't work between him and other girl who does he run back to? you. You don't need to hang on just move on because he is not going to change period. Only thing he would feel is guilt because he doesn't treat you like a friend.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• As he says its clear that he is not looking for a relationship with you but is scared that you may be expecting something else from him. So its upto you if you OK bieng frens with him then make him also understand that there is nothing else than frenship in your mind about him and hook up if that's not case then better to forget him and move on.

Or there is one more way.. if you really need him as something else than just a fren then keep in touch with him, try to bring the hope in love bak in him and wait for himself to propose.