Asking a guy out?

Girls, would you ever ask a guy out instead of having him ask you? I've always wondered about that. I know girls like that are out there, but why are they so few? Do you think this will change in the future where its a little more even that guys and girls ask each other out equally?

I find it a little curious that the girls under 18 are more willing than the older ones. Could it be a generation thing? Or is it merely a phase that will change when they get older?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope not me! I don't do that! I feel that if a guy is interested in you he will ask you out himself when he gets ready. If I have to do it, then maybe he wasn't that into me in the first place?

• No you're just being an coward.. And have that entitled mindset that you should wait for guys to swarm around and ask you out.

There is NOTHING wrong with girls asking out guys.. Please think in our shoes for once..

• Think in your shoes for what? Men have been asking women out for years and they still do it in the real world. Why is it that only on girlsaskguys are there a bunch of guys whining about how hard it is to ask girls out? every other guy does it stop making excuses for your pansyness.

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Girls Said 19

• I think a lot of girls think it's a guys sole responsibility to ask them out that's why there are so few. I ask guys out sometimes especially if there is flirting involved. Most guys don't ask me out because they see me as unapproachable. Maybe more girls will ask guys out in the future, but I don't see the masses of women running to ask out a guy, LOL

• no. I would never.

• about your update: I believe it's a generation thing...maybe especially because young guys for one reason or another don't ask girls out as often...

• Um no thank you, how about not.

• Crap the comment before mine got removed so no one knows what I mean...oh well.

• well I've never asked a guy out on a real date but when I'm interested in a guy I usually suggest that we "hang out." Girls usually don't do the asking out both because of fear of rejection and/or they don't want to be seen as going after the guy. I'm even thinking about not doing the asking for a "hang out" anymore because whenever I do - even with a guy who seems interested - the guy seems to lose interest. This is because guys usually like doing the pursuing and, thus, girls are afraid of taking that away from them. If most guys change in the future [still be interested in a girl even after she pressure him to hang out with her] then it's very possible that most girls will change in the future [asking a guy out.or at least to hang out with her.]

• That always happens to me. they suddenly lose interest once I ask them to hang out. it even happens with guys I just want to hang out with because they seem like fun people. but for some reason guys always take it the wrong way.

• Fear of rejection? Well know you know how it feels to be a dude..Who is ALWAYS expected from society to make the first moves and asking out.

• i would love to be the one doing the asking but unfortunately guy love chasing so I have to play hard to get.

• Umm I have heard that it annoys the hell out of them.

• Playing hard to get in the beginning is fine.. But after initial contact.. It's frustrating and makes guys think you don't even like them back, or thinking you're leading them on.

• Love the avatar... Fits you perfectly. A chicken that has a hard time seeing things correctly. =P

More from Girls
14

What Guys Said 2

• seriously I hate how people say it is part of being a man, making the first move, going after what you want is a masculine trait, it is very frustrating

• Why is it usually up to the guy? C'mon, if a girl asks a guy out, the guy will take the girl seriously too.