Pretty girls make me sad? What to do?

I haven't had a girlfriend in almost two years. It makes me feel like a looser, and completely undesirable. Whenever I see a pretty girl, either on tv, or in real life, it's like a trigger is set off and I feel depressed, angry, and upset...it's runining my life. Can anyone relate, or have advice?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 5

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

A lot of girls are a waste of a pretty face.

Being pretty does not make you beautiful. There are a lot of girls with pretty faces who...

- have terrible relationship skills

- lack true depth

- lack intelligence

- are selfish

- believe that they have to be a b*tch to get what they want

- they manipulate guys for whatever they can get

- they have daddy issues

- they are trying to compensate for something that is lacking within by buying overpriced clothes, shoes, purses

- they don't think they're pretty so they pile on a tone of make-up

Pretty faces don't guarantee quantity. So don't feel bad. Just because a girl is pretty doesn't mean she is true girlfriend and wife material. Don't be fooled by a "gilded butterfly".

"We will all laugh at gilded butterflies" - Shakespeare

Gilded means to be painted with a thin layer of gold. A lot of girls are gilded butterflies. They use make-up, clothes, jewlery, status, and all of these different illusions to appear beautiful. But butterflies don't need gold paint because they're naturally beautiful

• There are a lot of pretty girls who don't even see it because they're too busy thinking that there's one way to be pretty and because they don't have those looks then they're not pretty. ugh it's just a hot mess! I really just think that pretty faces are overrated because there are a lot of times where they don't come with attractive personalities so they might as well be ugly

• That's good, Steve! because if you were the type of foolish guy who only looked for gorgeous girls to date, than you would be overlooking a lot of really awesome girls out there! Some who may have been able to give you more than even the most gorgeous girl! I think that too much emphasis is put on being pretty. As a girl who went from plain jane to getting checked out all of the time, it's really not all that great. It also doesn't mean anything if the girl can't see it.

• So true... physical attractiveness does matter for sure, but there has got to be a lot more than that. For me, a woman does not have to be super gorgeous, as long as she is at least pretty enough to get my attention, anything over and above that is a lot less important than other things like her intelligence and her personality, her sense of humor, etc.

• Show Older
  • pretty girls make me sad too.

but that's cos I'm an ugly troll who is jealous ... actually I wish I was troll so I could live under a bridge and not be worriedabout how much I suck and how much attention I'm not getting ...

• Yeah I feel sad, those beautiful people are such douche bags, I like average guys but get rejected because they try to be with a beautiful person and then they end up hurt. Life is unfair and imperfect, but then I don't think the world would be great if everything is good.

• Same here, it just reminds me of my own lameness and how worthless I am.

• Aww, you're not worthless and lame just because you might feel like a girl is prettier than you. Value is not about what you have, it's about who you are :)

• i kno wht you mean cute guys gt me mad wen I see them with a pretty lady instead of me. but I overcome it by thinkin bout my dream mans beauty within. his personality. wen I see a guy I try to think who could he really b instead of a pretty face. then I go on daydreamin lol bt try out online dating there are thousands of pretty girls w great beauty within also waitin for =) and instead of getting yourself beat down think about the plus side the good side of things how? by creatin your dream girl and don't give up finding her because a pretty lady doesn't mean anything only whts within

• thanks :)

• lol *honesty

• I respect your honestly :)

• It's eerie how much you sound like me. I totally can relate to this. I've got it even worse though, because (a) I haven't had a girlfriend in...well, EVER; and (b) it's not just pretty girls -- whenever I see a happy-looking couple, I get depressed and jealous.