• Ask
  • myTake

Male coworker ignores me?

Why does this guy ignore me? We work in a small office with 4 girls and 3 boys however he simply just doesn't speak to me. This has been the case... Show More

i get on well with my other co-workers so I just don't get it.

Most Helpful Opinion

• I have a female co-worker that seems to ignore my existence if others are around (I can be standing beside her and it'll be like I am not there) yet she will often say something to me if I'm the only one around and comes off as being somewhat nice then. She doesn't do this to anyone else so it's some issue she has with me. It's annoying and insulting yet apparently that is how some people are. For a while I took it as something being wrong with me and wondered why yet I then realized she's just rude to be like that and I didn't do anything to deserve it.
    The key thing to remember is it is the person's issue not yours. There is no excuse for people to be that rude to their co-workers or anyone for that matter.

What's Your Opinion?

Add your opinion...

0/2000

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe he's shy with new people. If your other co workers and him already have a bond, he may just be comfy with them already. Just keep be friendly with him. But remember, your co workers, you don't have to be best friends.

• I can't really tell you what he's thinking but I know when I'm feeling shy around an attractive person I completely ignore them to the point of being rude. I don't mean to, it's just a defensive thing :P

• maybe he feels intimidated by you. if you're attractive he may feel attracted to you but be trying to cover it up by going overboardthats the only thing I can think of

What They Said On Facebook