Ask a girl for her number?

Is there a way to ask a girl for her number indirectly and not directly (by directly I mean just go up to her face and ask. I can't do this since I'm... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to ask yourself...why do you want her number? Do you want to ask her out on a date, or just text? Anyone is flattered when someone asks for a number, or a date, and even IF she isn't interested, you have nothing to lose, and worst case scenario will make her feel good about herself. Indirectness is confusing. Us girls need to know for sure a guy is interested. Even if she is shy, the situation might feel a little awkward at first, but my advice would be, just get chatting about something you have in common, maybe a mutual friend, a movie you know she has seen, etc, get a feel for the situation and her responsiveness to you and suggest she might like to do x, y or z with you. Have an idea of what you want to do first, so you can just drop it into the conversation and ask her if she would like to give you her number so you can call her about it. Its easier than just going up to her and asking for her number...that might freak her out...you need to give her some indication you are interested first, and gauge her response. That way you will know whether its OK to get her number, and it takes the pressure off both of you. Good Luck!