Why don't guys ever say anything to me?!

I've never been asked out in my life. I really wish someone would just ask me. =/ Whenever any boy that's my age looks at me they stare either like a... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• You have a nose ring and play the electric guitar (according to your profile pics) and have really kind of daring and cool fashion sense. Most guys probably assume that you're either taken or getting some from guys in the scene. Rocker girls ARE intimidating, and you are very, very pretty on top of that.

So you're intimidating. Okay, what now? First thing -- don't change to be "less intimidating." No need to compromise being top shelf (but don't let that go to your head). Instead, you're going to have to approach guys yourself. Yeah, yeah, "not fair" and all that -- girls usually get the easy ride of not having to face rejection themselves, but you've got the handicap of looking too awesome to overcome. (Not that I terribly pity you there. :-) It's just a burden you'll have to bear. [/flops back of hand to forehead])

You're just going to have to suck it up and make the first move. Try to draw guys out into a conversation. Hopefully, you'll be able to separate the intimidated from the "she's not my type" that way. You're just going to have to risk rejection like a guy does most of the time. Good luck on that.

I do wonder about the nosering, though. I wouldn't have found it attractive when I was your age, but times have changed, so I don't know if that hurts or helps. At least it matches well with your complexion, but I don't know if that's too "punk" for some guys at your age. (It'll probably go over well with college boys, though, especially if you get into the college rock scene.) Ask your girl friends about it.