When a guy says "maybe", does that mean "no"?

So there's this guy who always stares at me whenever I'm near. I started talking to him because I wanted to get to know this guy who's always looking at me. He's really nice but one of those quiet guys. Needless to say, I've sort of fallen for him. After a month of talking, I asked him if he... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• You're right, sometimes when guys say 'maybe' they're trying to let you down easy. But it's not always the case. Seeing as how you said that he's shy, he may feel nervous, and just wants to take some time before saying yes. If he doesn't get back to you with a solid answer of yes or no, you can try asking again. He could also have said 'maybe' cause he may just want to stay friends. Don't feel embarrassed, you took a risk, most girls wait for the guy to ask a girl out, but you didn't, you put yourself out there. Good for you!