Did my boyfriend break up with me because of stress?

He broke up with me the other day after getting irritated because I asked him a question. It was a simple honest question, he got pissed off at me. So because I did not want to deal with him being difficult I told him I'd call him later. Well a few minutes later he text me saying he did not think this was working right now (I know attempted dump over text. WTF, right?) so I text back saying I wasn't going to do this over text. He calls me immediately saying that he doesn't think we're compatible. So I said okay, and we hung up. I text him saying that I appreciate him being honest with me and that I didn't have any hard feelings towards him. I went on to say that I hope and wish the very best for him and to take care. All he replied back was "you too". And that was that.My boyfriend has a lot going on in his life and he even said that he just does not want to be "emotional" right now. He's been depressed and has had trouble sleeping. People at his job are trying to get him fired and he's about to lose his car, plus he payed for an antique (despite me telling him he should have further thought about buying it) car that needed more work done to it than he originally though. So now he's in debt, has a car that's a piece a crap that he now has to figure out how to get rid of and he is in danger of losing his job. Well I tried to be there for him and be positive and uplifting but he got angry at me for even attempting to give him uplifting words. I listened to him whenever he wanted to talk.The thing is whenever I went to him and confided in him about my problems he would get irritated and angry tell me all of this negative stuff and that I should just suck it up. He felt obligated to tell me what I needed to do despite me telling him I already know what I need to do. He just was so difficult all around. So do you think he broke up with me because he is just really stressed out right now? I don't know if he will call me back or anything but he was really cold and bitter towards me. I don't want to call him or text him back I feel if he doesn't want to be with me, then I don't want to be with him. I can't force someone to be with me if they don't

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 2

• When a person is stressed or upset the best thing to do is leave them alone. Give them time to put all their thoughts together. If you've done a mistake, like "buying the bootleg car" you really don't want anybody telling you "i told you! I told you not to buy it, you see, you see" That's annoying. It's annoying for the fact that he knows he did wrong and at the moment he doesn't really need that. Honestly, I do think you guys will get back together, you just need to give him some time. He acted the way he did not because he doesn't love you or doesn't want to be with you but because right now he's at a point where he is frustrated, he doesn't know what to do. It's like so many problems all at once!

• Oh, no, no! I DIDN'T tell him that. I didn't rubb it in his face that he was wrong for buying the bootleg car. When he told me about it, I didn't say anything. All I said was I'm sorry that it happened. He got upset about that, he WANTED me to be a b*tch about it, because that's what he was expecting. And when I didn't behave in the way he normally does he got pissed. Simply because I cared about his feelings and didn't say anything because I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

• Honestly he broke up with you because he's a jerk. Sure he has all these problems and is stressed or whatever but everyone has problems and usually when someone is stressed or has issues they find comfort in speaking to their partner because that's who they love and trust right? He should also be able to listen to you too when you tell him your problems. And even if he didn't want to talk and needed time to cool down there was no need for him to break up with you. He could have simply said he needed space and time alone but that he would call you when he was calm ready to talk. You were supportive and he was rude, I'd say don't talk to him until he comes to you and if he doesn't his loss for not appreciating the person who just wanted to be there for him.

• Exactly why you deserve better than him. He can't appreciate you so there's no point in being there for him,

• And as usual he got pissed off that I actually cared about his feelings and rub in his face about the fact that I was right. I told him this and he never not once told me thanks or anything. Instead he just pointed out another instance when I made a big deal about him being wrong about something in the past. He always focus on the negative, never the good.

• Yeah he was a complete jerk to me. He got pissed off because I couldn't even respond to him quick enough when we were talking on the phone. He was just being a complete jerk to me and constantly, constantly pointed out my mistakes and short comings. He didn't even admit to me that I was right about him buying that broke down car. He got angry about that cause when he told me how sh*tty the care was I didn't say anything. I didn't say anything cause he knew I was right.