Why is this guy being mean and ignores me now that I have rejected him?

a guy in my college class used to like me. I am really shy so I never really got to so the guy any positive signals that I liked him back. I seemed very uninterested and stuck up. Then this guy must have got the picture that I don't like him because now he always ignores me and he also bes very mean to me behind my back with his friends and he just seem to always mention me and say mean things about me to them. Why is he acting like this? does he completely hate me? or does he SECRETLY still like me? and what should I do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is ego is bruised because you brushed him off, now he's acting like he's in elementary school by being mean and ignoring you. There's a good chance he still likes you tho. I don't know if you want to date the guy or just be friends, but I would proceed with caution, immaturity is a huge red flag.