Is it normal to have a crush on my step-father?

He and my mom are seperated but I still remember him as being there for me when I needed him. He is such a gentleman and so chivalrous, not like young guys these days. I can't help but fantasize about him

Please don't judge. We can't choose or control our emotions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal in a sense, to have a crush on him.

But you have to understand how wrong it would be to try and do anything about this crush.

If he's such a gentleman and chivalrous, then you can't imagine that he'd want any sort of relationship with you in that way. That would make him a prize a**hole.

Making any sort of pass at him could seriously damage any relationship you might have with him in the traditional step-father sense of the word.

It would also utterly ruin your relationship with your mother.

Just accept the fact that this man is going to be a role model, against which you can measure every guy that you'll ever date. You want someone like him - a chivalrous gentleman. (They do exist, even if you think young guys in your age group are not like him at all).

Let the crush slide towards genuine admiration and affection. You'll be happier in the long run.