My ex dumped me. Should I still say hello when I see him?

My ex didn't take me seriously when we were together. His behavior implied that he only wanted to have fun at the time. He ended it with me because... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Well my ex just smiles and says hello to me and I to her, and I don't think anything of it, I don't care anymore. So whatever he thinks shouldn't matter unless you want to get back together with him. Although if he doesn't say hi to you then he might be confused about how he feels toward you after all that time. After a month of no contact with my ex, I saw her at our college and she didn't know how to act around me. She was confused as to whether she thought she could or not. Obviously she decided she couldn't handle talking to me so we just say Hi and give each other a fake smile. The thing you have too look out for is when he tries to talk to you while mutual friends are around. If he comes up and just starts talking to everyone and not acting like he is trying to avoid talking to you, then he isn't confused anymore and has made a decision on how he feels toward you. It is sort of a test to see if you still have feelings or not, so if this happens just interact with him very slightly and don't react very much to what he says, this way you look like you are over him, which will dent his little ego because he knew you used to like him. It is like "Wait, I thought she liked me?" I have had this happen and it has worked out for me, she is definitely still confused and tries to read me while we are around friends, but I am so unresponsive and indifferent that she doesn't know what to do. It is kind of fun once you have done it a few times. It is like a game of who will break down first. Of course you will win this as long as you stay completely indifferent and passive the whole time. Maybe he'll even start showing interest again, which is a good little ego booster haha. Just don't lead him on unless you plan on actually starting something up with him again.

• Lol...u said its "like a game of who will break down first," that's hilarious. Yea I need to boost my ego and hurt his ego this time becuz he knew I liked him a lot before but he didn't care and he hurt me regardless. You said you and ur ex stil say hello when you guys see each other. Well how would you feel if she randomly just stopped saying hi to you and acted like she didn't see you every time you guys cross paths?

• Show Older
    • So just say Hey and smile and keep going on your way even if he ignores you. This shows maturity on your part and this will attract him more towards you. So if he decides to start talking to you again just play very hard to get and then when that day comes where he wants to talk about dating again, you can make your decision.

• Yea..... your right... Thanks alot, u've been a great help & u've been the only male to answer this question..

No matter what he does, I'm still going to say hi. I'll smile slightly but not hard enough to make it seem like I'm happy to see him. I'll do the typical, fake smile when saying hi lol... I already boosted his ego in the past and I'm not ready to do that again...