Why do guys ignore girls?

I'm really good friends with this guy I've been crushing on. On Thursday we hung out just two of us and it was really nice, we both had a good time and he was wonderful but then the day after, at school, he had an exam and I asked him how it went, he didn't really speak to me properly and he sat with his guy friends (which is fine) and he came over to say hi to me but I couldn't talk much because I was studying... short while later I left the room because I had to go ... and I didn't say goodbye to him because he was hanging out with his guy friends...but it didn't seem like a big deal to me because I came over afterwards to talk to them... then I had to get back to studying

anyway, later that day I saw him again and asked him how he was doing.. he told me he was feeling kind of sick.. so he stayed at school a bit longer but he didn't talk to me.. he went and sat with one of his friends... so that whole day he wasnt talking to me.. then he left and said bye to me and texted me saying "thank you for letting me borrow ur calculator" which was completely random

then on msn I was talking to him but he was only replying with one word answer... I thought maybe he doesn't want to distract me (cuz I had an exam in the morning) but even after my exam he didn't text to ask how it went and when I got home, he was on msn... he messaged to ask how it went and then said "i'm going to sleep" (at 2:00pm? wth)

so I emailed him a "get well" ecard because he said he was feeling ill..

and he emailed back saying "thank you, I'm feeling much better now" and nothing else.. usually he has more to say...

on msn we take turns messaging each other but I've been the one messaging first and I just think he's ignoring me..

so why would a guy ignore a girl? does he find me annoying all of a sudden?

I don't want to ask him.. I think we're close enough for him to be able to tell me if I did something wrong..

So I texted him (through skype) asking him where he was and if everything was okay... I thought he would call back... NOTHING ... I got worried because that's not like him AT ALL. So I finally called him. He didn't pick up
it was driving me crazy because last time he didn't respond it was because he was in the hospital because of a hockey accident.

ANyway, I called again a few hours later, he picked up. phew! he said he's on a trip. he's been gone all wee
didnt even tell me! =(
he ignored me again. turns out, he ended up liking me and he ignored me because he was jealous I was talking to some next guy too much. thanks y'all

Most Helpful Guy

• Its ok if he doesn't tell you exactly what he's doing because you're not going out yet. I think just give it time, don't talk to him because if he wnted to talk to you he would. I also think that some of the things you were doing might seriously have made him think you were avoiding him, so this is probably just a misunderstanding.