Girls: Have you ever slapped a guy and why?

i was talking with some of my roommates and they were talking about how they have been slapped for various things (mostly profane names) and was curious if you have slapped a guy and for what.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with ALWAYSclassy. You have two options in that situation: you can't just sit there and take it or do something about it. What made him think he was allowed to grab a girl's ass in the first place? How come it's acceptable for a man to invade a woman's space sexually and embarass/humiliate her but a woman isn't allowed to enter a man's space physically to defend herself (defend herself as in defend her bodily integrity and security of person)? Guys will never learn what's appropriate behavior if we just don't say anything.

I had once slapped my boyfriend during an argument when he yelled at me to "shut the f*&% up". To be fair I didn't use full force at all and it was a light to medium slap if I could call it that. I was so angry and it was completely disrespectul to talk down to me like that. There's always a nicer way to communicate a message, like "please be quiet" or "calm down".

However, after reading this forum I feel that maybe I've got more anger than the average girl. I'm a bit of a justice freak and my boyfriend jokes that I'm a "feminist", har dee har har.

• From reading yours.. it doesn't seem you have anger issue.. but I really am not a fan of getting physical.. because when I do.. it is serious. growing up with brothers.. etc. its hard to judge "when" a slap is justified? like for you "shut the f*** up" ...but if I said that to you and you slapped me? (genders staying both women).. I would punch you.. if a guy hit me.. I would be vengeful.. physical force would meet with physical force.. but I would never be the first to start it..

• I would agree with jacquesvol

• The double-standard is that if a guy lays a finger on a girl for *any* reason, he's viewed as a monster. It's *not* acceptable for a guy to invade a woman's private space ... except in feminist textbooks that teach women how men are monsters and women are blameless.

But neither is it acceptable for you to have slapped him. And I don't believe for a moment that you slapped him gently.

If it's disrespectful to cuss at you, it's far more disrespectful for you to strike him.

What Girls Said 46

• I slapped my boyfriend when I found out he had been cheating on me. Long story short he said he needed time apart to make sure him and I were meant to be together forever... but he was really just seeing some slut and telling us both that he loved us. So, he earned that one big time. I was just so furious and hurt! Then I went after her LOL

• i`ve only dumped slushie on one ex-bf because he`s a douche. and um that`s about it. no I haven`t bitch slapped any guy. I pray that I don`t have to lol.

• I haven't and I don't think that I would.

• I've only ever slapped once in my life and it was this douchebag, who thought it was a great idea to go ahead and grab my ass as I was walking by.

Fekin deserved it.

• Haha yeah I really liked this unpopular guy I gave him everything got him new friends invited him to parties and how does he repay me? He got a girl I hated to call me and tell me they had sex so that I would get jealous! He showed up to a party the next day and I just wailed him one and knocked him out cold infront of everyone! LOL

• Wow...sounds deserved though

• It's not okay to hit a girl! We are much smaller and do less damage and obviously her toying with your emotions didn't bother you much because you seem insensitive you laughed at her nose bleeding WTF!?! Your just a prick .. That's your girlfriend your supposed to love her. Not hit her.. I could never hurt the guy I love! The one time I slapped a guy he totally deserved it and he addmits that he deserved it too! What did your girlfriend do that was so bad?

• Blindness was using a logical tactic to underline your hypocricy. He didn't mean he'd struck his girlfriend.

If it's acceptable for a girl to strike a guy for toying with her emotions, then it is equally acceptable for a guy to strike a girl for playing with his emotions.

More from Girls
41

What Guys Said 8

• As a guy, I've never been slapped but I can honestly say that girls slap guys way too rarely. I have seen guys, both random or friends, do and say extremely inappropriate things to girls and all the girl does is look away. It never dissuades the guy, or lets him get it through his thick skull that he did anything wrong. Personally, I'd like to see girls do it more often.

• Ah I wish I could hit the agree button like five more times.

• I was not using the legal definition of assault, just a general term to denote a physical attack -- but if you want to get into a legal discussion, surely you know that hitting someone for an insult is in fact a crime. Force is only to be used as a last resort. Society accepts it largely because of television (where violence against males for petty reasons is considered hilarious, and violence against females for ANY reason atrocious), but that doesn't make it acceptable.

• Such a technical approach isn't realistic. Technically, you can get pulled over for driving 1 mph over the speed limit. Technically, you could face charges and/or a lawsuit for playfully punching your friend in the shoulder. The point is that, in light of circumstances, some things are unreasonable to consider worthy of prosecution. In this situation (which I specifically limited to a woman's reaction to an extremely inappropriate action), I'd argue that it is too minimal to prosecute.

• I got slapped once by a girl. But, she later told me she was on drugs, so while it's not an axcuse or a good reason, it sort of explains that she was so messed up she thought it'd be funny just to randomly slap someone.

I think I just said: You're messed up... I know I turned back around, and then calmly walked to another part of the house, rubbing my face.

• Is it then okay for a guy to slap a girl when she's insulting or has cheated?

If not, why is the double-standard acceptable?

• Seriously? You think the average women could do anywhere as much damage as the average man? I don't think its right for stupid things like name calling but for sexual assault (groping ect), you do it and your asking to get slapped. If you don't like it don't sexually assault women and there are plenty of ways to stop a women from hitting you other than hitting you back.

Really? ... but she did it first... hello kindergarten!

• I was in acting class in high school and I ended up getting rejected by a girl who I thought was into me. I got jelous and started saying bad things about her boyfriend. We ended up doing a skit together and her friend ended up slapping me so hard my face stung for the rest of the day. And it wasn't just one take that we rehearsed this scene.

I definitely didn't expect that to happy lol. I guess I deserved it. I shouldn't have been talking bad about someone who didn't even really know me. One of several lessons I've learned via the painful slap of a woman. Oh and also don't grab girls breasts either. Learned that lesson the hard way too.

• I have been slapped in the face a few times and I don't feel it was ever warranted. I have never cheated on a girl and I don't call people names or use pick up lines. I will explain one defining moment in my life.

A male friend and I were playfully pushing each other down a hallway approaching a female associate. The pushes did not have the force to knock us over but perhaps to take a step back. After a push, he took a few steps and bumped into her. I felt he was acting but apologized to her anyway. She decided to approach me and slap me in the face.

I asked her why she did that even after I said sorry. She laughed and slapped me in the face again. Clearly she thought it was funny and could do it as she pleased. I told her to stop and that she better not hit me again.

She reached back and I drew a fist shouting Do it and I will break your f***ing nose. She saw my sincerity and backed down. I have seen first hand women abused by men. I have ran to their defense in the past and have been burned (boyfriend hits the girlfriend, I step in and get involved. The boyfriend claims I started it and the girlfriend takes his side even though she was hit).

If a woman hits me then she steps into a man's shoes. That is, after all, equal rights. That statement only applies to me since I have stated from the beginning: I have never cheated on a girl and I don't call people names or use pick up lines. I also don't grab random ass either.

More from Guys
3