What's with my boyfriend making fun of me?

My boyfriend makes fun of me all the time when we are with his friends, he makes fun of my driving, really anything he can and half the time he... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• This is just guys being friendly, its referred to as a "ribbing", when people who like each other make fun of each other in jest. Friends do it to each other all the time. Examples:

I have a friend named John who, like you, has a hard time with directions and is always getting lost. He once even somehow took a wrong turn heading home from work and ended up in the next county. We always made fun of him for it and even made a nickname for him based off of it that we would always call him. But he knew we only meant it as friends and played along and found similar reasons to get all of us back.

This is just the way guys are. But if he cares about you he will stop if you tell him it gets to you. It may change how he thinks of you though because to a guy, a girl's ability to take a joke can be a big deal.