What do men really think about younger male/older female dating?

The guy I'm seeing is 10 years younger than I am, he thought we were the same age when we met (been dating for about a year now) and way past the age issue; been discussed and not an issue for us.

I ask because one of my girlfriend's husbands (closer to my age) finally met him over the holiday and I could tell he was surprised. He later asked his wife (my girlfriend) "How old is your friend again, and how old is her bf?" and then she says he just gave her a very sly smile and said "huh?!"

It's driving me crazy now! I want to get in his head , my girlfriend asked him again last night and he just smiles again and said "just askin :) "

What are you men thinking here?!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, my wife is 16 years older than I am and we've been together since around 1980 and we still get along great. When we first got together a lot of people told us it wouldn't last. Our friends and family was against it. Obviously they were wrong as I have since been married longer than most all of them.

However in most cases women (girls) mature sooner than men (boys) so the age thing may seem backward to some people. And for him it may become more of an issue as you age given how others look at it. I would have to say as long as he is mature enough to handle being with an older woman, then it won't matter one bit.

• Thank you mission62, I've thought the same through the course of the relationship and really did not place too much emphasis on being serious until it was clear he could handle the age factor. Turns out he's quite the mature one - :)