Did a dumb thing, need some advice.

So I was on a trip and I met an awesome guy that treated me and well and we had hour long conversations during the trip. Knowing he had a girlfriend, I asked him to add my on Facebook. He said he never uses Facebook, so he told me to follow him on twitter. Looking at other peoples Facebook on the trip. I see that he added them, but didn't want to add me, even though we talked the whole time together. Trying to figure out why, I felt that he liked me and didn't want his girlfriend or family to see in case I wrote on his wall?

When I was about to leave, I asked him if he wanted to kiss and he said he had a girlfriend and that he was tempted but that he couldn't. I felt horrible and said sorry and he said it was all good. And I never heard from him again. Its only been a month. I want to talk to him and want to tell him Merry Christmas because there was no harm, no foul right? but I don't want to get shot down again. I have a feeling that he would welcome the "Merry Christmas" though and I really want to be on good terms with him and be able to talk to him, even though I probably may never see him again, considering I'm in US and he's in UK.

My self-esteem needs your help.

Most Helpful Guy

• your self esteem has nothing to do with it, he turned you down not because of you but because he was decent enough not to cheat on his girlfriend. But merry Christmas is fine saying that it isn't really a sign of anything lol, people text everyone on their contacts that nowadays.

• Would it be bad if I did? Isn't there a reason why he hasn't contacted me?

• no wouldn't be bad, and probably because like me, I cba to contact everyone I have ever spoke to just to say merry Christmas. go for it but don't expect him to suddenly fall madly and wildly in love with you lol