Does my coworker (whom I like) like me?

This will be long.

He's a coworker I met almost 6 months ago. I'm 17, he's 20. He's a gamer kind of guy. The age difference doesn't bother him, because he dated a girl in my grade before.

He seemed disinterested in meeting any of the new employees when my group was hired, but he and I became friends pretty easily. Since then we've been to movies together about 5 times. One time we went just the two of us, but it wasn't a date. All of our coworkers were bugging us about it when we met up, though. "Oooh, are you on a daaate heehee" type thing. He always sits beside me in the theatre. A few times his friends had saved him a seat but he declined and sat with me anyway.

He kind of gravitates toward me at work and work parties.

He asked my opinion on whether he should aim to always be clean-shaven or if he should have some stubble. I told him a bit of stubble is hot and since then he's taken my advice religiously.

One time we were in a group talking at work and someone made a joke at me, and even though it wasn't intended to hurt my feelings, he defended me.

He and I do a lot of playful flirting, whether it be conversational or throwing crap at each other. Lame teenager stuff.

He asks me if I like a certain show, or comic book series, etc. and when I say no, he offers me his copy and has even said he'd buy it just so he could lend it to me.

He tells people he doesn't like conversational texting, that if there's no point to a conversation that he won't reply. He starts random, kinda irrelevant conversations with me. Not every day or anything, but a few times a week.

He makes jokes at me sometimes, and by the end of it he's always beaming. He smiles at me a lot, considering the fact that he's not a terribly smiley guy.

So I like him. I hope he's interested in me. Feel free to ask any questions about him/me. Anything.

Thanks so much for stopping by, even if you just skimmed through!

So all the answers here helped me build up courage, and I confessed to him of my crush. He was really nice about it. He's a great guy, really. He wasn't interested.

I'm not sure if he was leading me on or if he was just shooting for an awesome friendship. He said to me he doesn't want to ruin what we've got, and even though I had a sour mood for a while, I agreed. He's awesome and we have so much fun when we're together, so somehow I'm okay being friend-zoned. :) Thanks for your thoughts!

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a possibility that he likes you. But some people are different and their actions may lean towards them liking you but in reality it could just be that he's being very kind in a friendly way.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, he's interested in you. Guys usually provide special attention only to their family and to someone they really like.

Maybe he's not making a move because you failed to convey that you're interested in him through your actions/words. All men doesn't want to risk rejection, that's why they're waiting for your indicators and they will take it from there. Or if you do conveyed your feelings to him, perhaps he's just waiting for time.

• What kind of indicators would work? Haha. I'm terrible at this kind of thing. What could I do to show him? Maybe even make it obvious without saying "I like you too."

• He likes you and he's shy. Be flirty and fun. Hopefully he will take the hint eventually, but if not, there's nothing wrong with just telling him you want him to make a move.

He may be on the fence because you're not 18 yet, in which case, don't take that personally. Sounds like it's more that he's shy though.

• Of course he likes you and when you turn 18 you guys should date.

• He is DEFINITELY into you! He smiles at you because he really likes you. He likes you so much he's even okay going to the movies with you when he knows it's not even a real "date." He had your back when somebody dissed you. As for the random, irrelevant conversations he starts with you . . . well look: Sometimes we guys just sort of mumble around when we want to be saying SOMETHING but we don't really have the perfect thing to say. The important thing is that he's talking to YOU. Whatever the hell it is he's mumbling about it doesn't matter. This guy likes you for sure.

• I read your update, and even though I was wrong about what this guy wanted, I'm just so struck and impressed by your amazing attitude about it. I really admire that you let him know how you felt. From the way you wrote your question I know that you are really smart, and from your photo you are a very attractive girl. Hugs and pats on the back for you! : )

• It's so kind of you to say something like this. :) Thanks so much! I really appreciate it. Hugs indeed! :p

• Sounds like he likes you. Only thing that makes me uncertain is that he asked for your advice on shaving - usually I and other guys don't ask people we like for advice on looking good until we're sure asking them won't kill the mood or anything. It's almost like asking someone what to get them for their birthday, you know? You mainly wanna look good for this person, but that doesn't mean you should ask them how to look good for them.

Other than that though, it does sound like he likes you, but try not to get your hopes up. There's a chance you've just been friend zoned, so for now just play it cool and be his friend. Maybe flirt more with him and see how he reacts. But just go with the flow for now.

• @Update: Awesome! Shame he's not interested, but at least you get to keep this awesome friendship. And don't worry, you'll meet other guys. Hey, this guy might even help you meet other guys if you want haha! :)

• Look at it this way you found out the easy way and still get to keep him somewhat close. It usually doesn't work this way in my cases at least

More from Guys
8

What Girls Said 0