What does this girl want from me?

Seriously, I'm at my wits end here. I asked this girl out a while ago and she said no. After that she developed a bitchy attitude towards me. I tried fixing things to no avail and I finally gave up and since then we developed this love hate relationship. She was a bitch to me so when she tried to talk to me I was a jerk to her and we went back and forth for months.

Finally I gave up and left her alone and wouldn't talk to her for weeks, then she started talking to me and making conversation and I bit and started talking to her but when I thought things were going OK, she started saying I was getting too comfortable and talking to her too much so I decided to leave her alone. After that, she starts asking me why am I being quiet and when she tries to talk to me and I lack enthusiasm, she makes me feel like crap by saying "im trying and you blow me off, you are such a jerk to me".

What exactly am I supposed to do here? Because I have "been a jerk" she feels like she is entitled to act any way she wants to and I should just sit there and take it with no response from me whatsoever. I try to ignore her but she will keep trying to talk to me and make me feel like the bad guy when I don't reciprocate but when I am being friendly and joking with her, its too much and I'm being silly and she gets pissed off.

Its just a bit ridiculous. She is younger than me (she is 22 and I'm 28) and I try to be accomodating because she can be a nice and funny person. I usually don't take crap from anybody and our friends tell me I just seem afraid of her because I let her get away with her calling me names and teasing me all the time. I don't act like a jerk to her, I just get quiet because I don't want to engage in any arguments, but she tells me I just want her to feel like crap, which isn't true at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• These girls below are f***ed up and they ruin my life because it gives guys like you a wrong impression and I have to constantly deal with it.

If a guy asks me out and I say no, I-DO-NOT-WANT-TO-DATE-HIM! Never once have I ever changed my mind later on. I am not playing "hard to get." I don't want to date anyone I say no to! It annoys me when guys try to change my mind. I feel disrespected and it's a deal breaker because I feel if we dated you wouldn't respect my decisions then either.

No one thinks about things. If someone asked you out and you wanted to date them would you say no? No! You wouldn't! Why do guys always assume no means yes?!

Respect her decision and give her space. Why do you want to date someone who doesn't like you?

My friend does this sort of stuff because she likes the attention. A guy likes her who she doesn't like but she loves his attention because it makes her feel wanted. When he takes interest in someone else, she gets sad and gives him just enough hope that he follows her again even though she still doesn't want HIM, she wants his ATTENTION.

This is what that girl is doing to you! She only wants your attention and to feel wanted. Notice how she only cares when you're not there?

• Ok so you are saying to blow her off when she tries to be "friendly"? I have no intention in dating her anymore, I have told her this. When I stop talking she gets all "stop being butthurt" or "i don't know why you like being a jerk to me". I'm always the bad gut, whether I talk or not, there's always something wrong with me. I respect het decision, I just think she should also leave me alone and stop playing the victim when I'm fed up with it, I'm not a jerk, that's why I feel bad.

• Do you want to be friends? Why do you want her in your life if it's just this big mess?!