• Ask
  • myTake

How can I avoid being just a booty call?

I've noticed that the same situations keep happening to me. I meet a guy, there's a mutual attraction/interest, we hook up a few times (not sex,... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• If you're looking for a "dating" relationship, then stop doing what you're doing. Seriously. "Met a guy through a mutual friend at a party, flirted the whole time, ended up going back to his place & hooking up later."Don't do this."The next night he texted me at 1am to hang out. We hooked up..."Don't do this either. Look, you're going about this thing completely wrong. If you want to be seen as "girlfriend material", then you do NOT start out by making out with guys that you're not even dating. Stop "hooking up" with dudes you meet at parties, and stop answering their texts at one in the goddamn morning. This is booty-call behavior, not dating behavior. Anyway, here's some pointers. 1. Tone down on the flirting at parties. If you're overtly flirting with the same guy all night, you're not going to be available to talk to other guys who might be interested in more than just your p*ssy.2. Do not "make out" with anyone at the party. 3. Don't go home with ANYBODY. Go home and go to sleep. 4. Feel free to give your number out to anyone you think you might like. 5. Don't answer texts at one in the morning. You can text them around 10am or so to let them know that you were asleep. You are not, and will not be, a midnight sex delivery service. 6. Do not agree to go to a guy's house to "hang out". That's f*cking lazy. If you're asked to, tell him that you don't like sitting around the house, and you've already got plans. And then ACTUALLY make plans to go out (by yourself, with girlfriends, whatever) for the time that he asked you. You never know, you might meet a guy while you're out who ALSO likes going out.7. As for "making out"? That doesn't come until after he's shown you that he's able to treat you properly. An awesome date that ends in a goodnight kiss that turns into sloppy makeouts is fine. He's made an effort. Making out at a party where you just met? Not girlfriend-material behavior.Basically, I'm just telling you to have some goddamn standards and self-respect. Expect a guy to treat you right before you start letting him stick his tongue down your throat and his hands in your shirt. Require his respect, or you're never going to get it.

• While what you're saying definitely makes sense, I feel like that's so hard to do in college when most of my interactions with guys are at parties. If I'm talking to a guy at a party and afterward he tries to kiss me and I don't let him, wouldn't most guys then take that as a rejection? In that situation, if I'm interested but want to be clear about my intentions, how do I do that without scaring someone away?

• Show Older
    • I couldn't have said it any better!

• this man deserves the best answer, wow, I've learn A LOT from this.

What Guys Said 14

• I wouldn't go back to his place the first night, period, whether or not you have sex.Don't respond to calls or texts late at night till the next day.

• well, guys are generally not looking for a girlfriend in college - at least not for the first couple of years. So, if you don't want to be used for a casual hookup, try hooking up only with grad students or upper class-men.but that aside, it seems sort of like you are starting to hold each guy you meet accountable for the actions of all of your previous encounters. Don't do that. You will quickly drive away anyone who is potential relationship material.

• simple don't give it up so easily, have more respect for yourself

• Your first paragraph sums up your problem. I didn't even have to read any further. Your making the most common mistake girls make who wonder why all the guys they meet just want to get in their pants. Don't hook up with these guys until they've committed. It's as simple as that. Making out I guess is OK, but even then I would save that for the 2nd or 3rd date. When you start off on a sexual foot, so to speak, it sets the standard for the rest of your relationship/interactions, not to mention it paints a picture that you are a girl who is ready and willing to be sexual. If you were to turn a guy down who came onto you sexually, it would tell him that you are not interested in such a thing. That doesn't mean he'll turn around and ask you on a date, but can avoid falling for a guy who just wants a booty call. What you have to understand is while I know confidence is all so sexy to you girls, there is a difference between being confident and assertive, and just being a pervert. If a guy is genuinly interested in a relationship, he won't go for the kill right away (sex). Don't get me wrong, he's thinking about it, and he can't weight to have sex with you, but he will wait because it's not his number one goal. Is number one goal is to build a genuine friendship first.My advice is simply to turn guy away who are too sexually aggressive and instead go for the guys who aren't, even if those guys might seem a bit less confident or asexual, because trust me, they're just as horny as the aggressive guy. Now I'm not asking you to date quiet nerds, or completely lame guys, I'm just saying you have to learn to take more initiative and stop only talking to the guys who are unbuttoning your pants, because in reality, a genuine guys advance won't look much like an advance, it will look more like a request for friendship.

• Change your number?

• Hah thanks but I mean when I meet guys how do I avoid immediately being seen as booty call and not someone they're going to actually date...

• I guess be yourself. Don't dress to impress, if someone likes you they way you are then that's the guy I guess.

• Well.. easy. Most guys will fall for this, All girls should know this: Reward his behavior.If he takes you out, or drives you taking you out on a date or whatever you want him to do then show him you appreciate it with a hand shake(joking), hug or f***ing him all night!

• Have a 30 day rule, ha ha I knew girl that wouldn't give up for 90 days. That weeded out the players real fast. ;)

• dont put your self out their. don't kiss don't do anything to make him think that all you want.. just go out and after let him drive you home or how ever you get home.. but don't let him come in side just say ill call you later or talk to you tomarrow... ( play hard to get)if a dude can't take you beening honest than find another one someone who likes you for you and understands how you feel and get to know the real you for you are.. annd don't change your number unless he is stocking u. and if you haven't hurd from him than he move on and found someone easer to get to.. just say OK and move on

• As a guy, if I can get you in bed within 24hr or a week of knowing you, I believe I can do it again. therefore there is really no need to get to know you outside of that. my advice, flirt a little and don't make out after your first conversation.

• Telling a man the truth that you just don't want to be a booty call or a one night stand is good if that is how you feel real men respect that little boys don't respect that at all and as for him not talking to you no more should tell you he never wanted to make something with you he just wanted SOME and that was all he seen everything he was trying was not working so to him he is wasting his time and its time to move on

• u are rite do love in your way

• you need to be a mature young woman worthy of being loved. and I don't mean that certain people deserve love over others. everyone deserves love. but you have to first, be attractive, then after that it's all in how you dress, act, and carry yourself. forget the trends of today's youth. be yourself.if you're being the kind of girl that a guy would want to bring home to mom and dad and tell them that you're the kind of girl that he wants to marry, you're doing it exactly right. this is how every girl should always act truthfully. be a class act! you'll have tons of guys wanting to be with you, and usually a different type of guy too, the good ones, instead of the bad ones calling you up for a little action!

• I didn't even read this but you have to quit giving it up so easily and quickly. That's how you wean out the horny guys from the relationship guys. Give it a couple months, trust me a player will move on long before that.

• True...but girls have sexual needs that are just as strong. This advice is probably a lot easier said than done.

• Show Older
    • When you say "hook up" that means sex! Hook up doesn't just mean meeting up! Watch your words, you sound kinda young and dumb to me. Dude is right, desperate players will stick in for about a month, but even that's rare.

• "Hook up" is a very general term that has different meanings for everyone actually. When I refer to "hooking up" I mean making out/foreplay, not sex. Ps I may be "young" but I'm not dumb at all, thanks.

What Girls Said 4

• There's a saying that goes "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?". It's a terrible sentiment, but in a way, it's true. The idea here is unless a guy already wants commitment, he won't have any desire to give you commitment unless he has to. Instead of making out or hooking up right away, go for a few dates and keep it to a kiss or two for the first few. If you want to be chased, than put up a chase. Don't be too available.

• There's nothing wrong with your honesty. However, don't mind that I question your methods.What is the point of making out with these guys at all? Especially if you're more interested in dating than action.I'm going to tell you right now what you're doing, and how to stop getting stuck in this situation.It's simple. Flirt and talk with the guy. Exchange numbers. Don't make out with him. Kissing should be a not-until-you've-taken-me-out deal. And even then, you may want to express caution. As in, you can kiss him on the first date, but reconsider getting hot and heavy for another few dates or so. It'll send a VERY positive message to the guy you're dating. Trust me.On top of it all, the beauty of it, considering that not all college dudes are into dating as they are hooking up, is that you'll WEED OUT ANY GUYS WHO ARE JUST LOOKING FOR A GOOD TIME. You won't have to say, "I don't want to be a booty call", because you'll already begin to get a good idea of whether the guy wants to date or just hook up.So to sum up. If you meet a guy, talk and flirt etc... don't hook up with him. Meet him again, casually, or on a date, but at a regular time interval. And don't consider getting physical until he PROVES himself.

• Stop answering the call?

• I know that ha ha but I'm asking how to avoid getting myself into these sketchy situations to begin with

• Stop going after the jerk!

• Stop behaving like a booty call. Wait until you actually know these guys better before getting phsycial.