• Ask
  • myTake

Why do people consume their mind thinking about a crush.

I hear a lot on this site referring to crushes , Why would a person consume their mind thinking about a crush . For example, A person having a crush on a friend , But the person having the crush never makes the other person aware of it . So therefore , They consume their mind thinking about that person on a daily . My question is what's the purpose of this , Because some people have crushes for years . But never make the other person aware of it.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• If there's a hint of reciprocation, then the exhilaration of feeling vindicated provides a high that can overcome mountains of self-doubt. So it becomes a well that you keep coming back to, if for no other reason than a constant need for reassurance. And if reciprocation and mutual benefit go on long enough, it can lead to curiosity of the sort that makes you care about them on a deeper level than just what you think you can get from them. It is at this point that actual love starts to bloom. But for those who aren't there yet, the hope that it might becomes a sort of IOU that has the power to draw someone in like mosquitoes to a bug zapper.

What Guys Said 8

• If people didn't get consumed by their desires nothing would ever get achieved; romantic or otherwise. It our species greatest strength but also our greatest weakness.

• It's more common with younger people and they have less experience with it and that's why they ask about it more to get advice, but older people can get crushes too, but handle it differently probably hold it in.

• It is not in your control. Believe me, when that happens to me, I start praying that I could stop thinking. But it does not work most of the times.

• I feel like crushes happen in high school. But at a certain age, it should be a little bit harder to become infatuated with someone you only know from afar.

• Love is irrational. This girl was basically staring at me during a class yesterday, and I can't get her off my mind now. I am a really good student, but for the first time in my college career I missed a required class without a legitimate excuse. I also have lots of homework to do the next few days, but I hardly have anything done right now. The sad thing is that I won't have any chance of even seeing her for another 5-6 days.

• Lol , I think that's cute . That stare must have been intoxicating .

• Because they aren't very social.If someone who doesn't talk to the opposite sex alot, sees a girl/guy who is attractive and has a cool personality, they'll immediately get absorbed by that person because that's all they've ever known.But let's say if you talk to a lot of men/women. You meet lots of different people. Then, instead of having a crush, you think "wow that person seems really cool, but he/she's nothing special"Rule of thumb: If you think he's the best thing since sliced bread, go talk to 10 other guys first.

• I do have that problem, but is even worse because she knows. Everytime I see her, I really try not to be needy, but she can just tell even if I don't do anything. It sucks

• Curious , How do she know . Did you tell her . Or did she pick up on it , By your behavior.

• She picked up on it by me saying she is pretty, trying to be mean, but nice as well, how playful I am, every time I said something on Facebook, which wasn't even that much, how I joke about things, etc.. I'm too obvious.

What Girls Said 3

• Keeping a crush on the mind isn't a conscious effort.

• I don't know and I wish I did. I have a crush on my friend (it hasn't gone on for years, but it has for a few months) and I'm terrified to find out how he feels. If he doesn't like me, things will be uncomfortable for a while. If he does, things will be awkward then we'll probably date and then we'll break up and then things will be uncomfortable forever. Knowing this sucks and it makes me realize I shouldn't like him. But that doesn't turn off the voice in my head that says how fantastic he his.

• It's not a choice. When it happens, sometime you can't help it.

• The choice is in how much you nurture it after it forms.